Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!
Reaction score
Hi all,

Watched a few videos and read a few articles, the more I watched and read the more overloaded I got :confused:

Looking for a little advice, wondering what your LiPo settings are?

I'm running 2 different batteries:
1) 5400mAh/11.1V/59.9Wh
2) 6300mAh/11.1V/70Wh

Right now I'm defaulted to:

LiPo Charge 2.5A 11.1(3S)
LiPo Balance 2.5A 11.1(3S)
LiPo Fast 2.5A 11.1(3S)
LiPo Storage 1.0A 11.1(3S)
LiPo Discharge 1.0A 11.1(3S)

Any other tips on the PD would be appreciated.

Turned off the bloody key beep
Capacity cut off @ 6400mAh
Safety timer 120 minutes

Thanks!

You have a good charger.
I set mine to a full 6 amp charge no matter what the battery mah is.
The charger tappers off on it's own as the battery accepts the charge. Any good charger does this.
I don't worry about setting the limits as again, the charger tappers off everything as the battery accepts the charge.
I do however stay close to the packs as they are charging just in case there might be an internal problem with the battery.
Keep it simple.....
Good luck and happy flying,
Jafo

You have a good charger.
I set mine to a full 6 amp charge no matter what the battery mah is.
The charger tappers off on it's own as the battery accepts the charge. Any good charger does this.
I don't worry about setting the limits as again, the charger tappers off everything as the battery accepts the charge.
I do however stay close to the packs as they are charging just in case there might be an internal problem with the battery.
Keep it simple.....
Good luck and happy flying,
Jafo

Hey Jafo,

Thanks for the info, that's what I was looking for, someone who's been there, done that!! One last question, Should I use the 6 amp setting for the BALANCE and FAST charging options as well?

Thanks again,

Bren

Just a follow up. I went to put 2 of my LiPo's in storage mode and after 2 hours they did not get to the 11.4v threshold (the levels did decrease).

Approx. how long should this process take? It would be faster to spin my motors till I reach 11.4

My ProDuo storage mode is set at: 1.0A 11.1(3S), (factory default) is that correct?

Thanks in advance

Jafo and Bren,

At 6amps for charging, about how long does the Venom take to charge the battery.

I have a Typhoon H so the packs may be different, but I am curious as I just got the Venom Pro Duo and am trying to figure out the correct settings before charging.

Thanks!

-Chris

Reactions: wallywalters

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csandoval