Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Venom Typhoon H Pro Charger

Reaction score
Typhoon Quad Charger.jpg For those who need multiple battery recharge,
I purchased the Venom H pro charger several months ago saves time and works great for recharging
400 W 4 port charger. It can also cycle the batteries and put into storage mode.
I carry 13 batteries for my business this is why I purchased it.

Mine -should- be here on Monday (I hope). Still only have 4 batteries but that will change as soon as I can afford to get some 6700's. Out of curiosity, what's your charge time running for 54 or 6300 mAh's?

Mine -should- be here on Monday (I hope). Still only have 4 batteries but that will change as soon as I can afford to get some 6700's. Out of curiosity, what's your charge time running for 54 or 6300 mAh's?

If I'm down to 14.3V It seems slightly less than 2 hours no matter if 1 or 4 batteries are being charged for the 6700 and the 5400 just a bit longer not sure why.

I like mine, but I have to really slam a battery down to get port one to recognize it.

I like mine, but I have to really slam a battery down to get port one to recognize it.

Same here. About a month of use so far.

1) Actually, the single Venom built battery I have slides in and charges* on all four ports without issue.
2) Yuneec batteries are difficult to get into the charge port and start charging, and will often stop after a few seconds, then need to be re-seated to get to charge. They definitely do not fit into the charge port the same as the Venom built batteries. Obviously this was built using Venom batteries through all the product design stages.
3) All batteries never get past 97% or so, which is probably fine, but different from my Hitech charger which brought them up to 98%-99% consistently.
4) I did get this so after a flight I could simply load in four batteries and recharge over the next hour or so and not have to swap in / out batteries and monitor. It mostly does this but over 2+ hours. However, the Yuneec batteries do not charge without fiddeling to get them to align correctly in the port by removing then replacing to attempt to get them to seat correctly. One of the ports (port 3) is very finicky and I can only get the Venom built battery to work in that port.

* Often the battery will remaining charging for 'hours' and never get past 95% charge.

Overall, as I have it I will continue to use as it removes a pain point of serially charging 4+ H batteries on a charger. Also, I did not want an octopus of wires for charging multiple batteries on the typical Hitech or such chargers; this is a very sanitary setup for the H batteries. However, it is not as precise as my other charger, and knowing this I would probably purchase a different charger and spend the time creating a specific setup with a sanitary wire arrangement.

Very good I have not had to use a hammer to install my batteries any more, though when I first purchased the Venom I did have to slam the batteries into the ports. My Venom batteries charge up 16.7V where the Yuneec charges to 16.5V

Mine takes all 4 ports from "storage" to full charge (16.6, no "slamming" needed) in 30-45 min.

This is the second unit. The first was same/good, except port 2 would not recognize any battery.

All batteries I have/use (so far) are the stock 5400's.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jwclarc1