Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Vertical speed in flightplan mode

Reaction score
Hi all

I'm beginning with datapilot flightplan mode and I don't find how to define vertical speed between two points with different altitude.
For instance, I've defined point A alt.25 m and point B alt 20m. When flight plan executes, H520 flies from A to B at 25 m then "falls down" to 20 m very very quickly. It's awful for video shooting. I would like to limit vertical speed as I do for horizontal speed.

Thanks for help

Arcenciel

Hi all

I'm beginning with datapilot flightplan mode and I don't find how to define vertical speed between two points with different altitude.
For instance, I've defined point A alt.25 m and point B alt 20m. When flight plan executes, H520 flies from A to B at 25 m then "falls down" to 20 m very very quickly. It's awful for video shooting. I would like to limit vertical speed as I do for horizontal speed.

Thanks for help

Arcenciel

I think what you establish is the speed of the aircraft, whether it's vertical or horizontal. If the points are too close together, he'll try to adapt to that speed.

If you just want that descent to be slower, you have to set a point at the top and another at the bottom. At the top you change the speed and slow it down, at the bottom you can put it back like the rest of the way.

You have to keep in mind that the H520, like all multirotors, are able to go much faster horizontally than vertically. You have to adapt to the maximum speed limitations of the aircraft.

Reactions: Haydn
Proper cable cam features with smooth camera transitions, bezier curves, POI, etc would be good, too ;-)

Thanks Arruntus for your very clear explaination, I will try your method to slow down the descent. As you write, I've to adapt to my new aircraft which is very different of my previous one.

Journeyman you're right a more versatile and rich software could help :)

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
adanigodda