Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Very good read for review of Q500 with Controller lag, not a bad one either.

Reaction score
I just bought a Yuneec Q500 and I had it on night mode last night when I bought it flying it for the first time. I could actually make out street lights on the controller, but I didn't have an SD card to shoot any photos in yet, being that I didn't read it didn't come with one. I flew it in a huge field today that had houses surrounding it but were far enough away to legally fly it. I was actually before doing this thinking about returning it because the lag last night from the picture on the controller was lagging I couldn't fly.

I am so very glad I went and got an SD card and flew today in the best conditions ever to fly. I am amazed by the quality of change, I can get used to the delay. The delay doesn't prevent you from FPV flying this drone all over. It just makes it where you have to adjust your decisions slower. I also came back and saw the quality of video and pictures I took and how smooth they were and it was amazing. I will NOT be returning this product because I ended up getting it for 820 and for this quality that is amazing compared to spending 1500. Anybody with the new model Typhoon and the quality differences of the two? I would definitely like to hear about that also.

I just bought a Yuneec Q500 and I had it on night mode last night when I bought it flying it for the first time. I could actually make out street lights on the controller, but I didn't have an SD card to shoot any photos in yet, being that I didn't read it didn't come with one. I flew it in a huge field today that had houses surrounding it but were far enough away to legally fly it. I was actually before doing this thinking about returning it because the lag last night from the picture on the controller was lagging I couldn't fly.
I am so very glad I went and got an SD card and flew today in the best conditions ever to fly. I am amazed by the quality of change, I can get used to the delay. The delay doesn't prevent you from FPV flying this drone all over. It just makes it where you have to adjust your decisions slower. I also came back and saw the quality of video and pictures I took and how smooth they were and it was amazing. I will NOT be returning this product because I ended up getting it for 820 and for this quality that is amazing compared to spending 1500. Anybody with the new model Typhoon and the quality differences of the two? I would definitely like to hear about that also.
Hmmm......is that $820 US? That sounds like a high price depending on what was included with it.

I never got very good results using night mode. I found gorgeous actually worked better. And the Typhoon H is a definite improvement over the CGO3. But the Q500 is still one of the most reliable and stable quadcopters ever built.

It was actually 720 without tax. Sorry about the misinformation, and I never tried that last night putting it on any other modes outside.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Digitix