Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

very minor issue but annoying

Reaction score
I love h520 very agile. just one thing when coming to any stop even a soft gradual stop in any direction except just turning the unit jerks to a stop. also happens when gradualy changes directions. when I say jerks I mean highly noticeable tilts even with calm to no wind and even at very slow speeds. not suppose to compare with the h480 but I have smooth and expected slight tilts the noticeable tilts only happen at highest speeds and sudden stops and sudden direction changes with h480. How can I smooth out the h520 movements got this from my dealer this way.

The speed of the aircraft as you have it? fast or slow?

Still, it's something to keep in mind and that with programming can be softened, it's good that Yuneec takes it into account.

Yeah, I actually felt my H was a bit jerky in that regard so I softened the movements a bit in the hardware configuration. I would imagine there's something similar for the H520.

If it passes in slow speed then it will be a matter of touching the parameters but that in principle can only be done by Yuneec. From what has been seen in the videos (apparently) the aircraft is very responsive. To record paroramic shots, softness is essential. Hopefully the next update solves this and other problems.

These stops affect the camera? you can see in the video or does the gymbal make up for it?

no usa support files yet

They are the same as on the page you published, the same versions. On that page you have the USA version.

It only changes the camera firmware due to the wifi link. This is due to emission power restrictions on different continents.

also I going to have to use qgroundcontrol to fix my minor issue with the h520 in flight. I really like this aircraft. now to open up the st16s controller and take a peak inside and see if it is using the same storage setup the h520 unit uses.

right now waiting on the epoxy to dry on my h480 st16 ec2 to h520 st16s controller cable raw test works now setting up cable for reverse polarity protection by using piece of plastic just the right size and cable in alignment were they can not connect reversed last step silicon for electrical insulation on the back of the connectors on the cable for short cicuit protection.

this way I can use both types of st16 batteries on the controller without physical hacking the st16s controller circuit board.

Not seeing any follow-up to this thread since October, and surmising nothing has changed in firmware to smooth out the sudden stops Terrence originally started discussing... a thought comes to me during my first week of H520 ownership: could these sudden stops be intentional, in part to facilitate survey missions where the flight instructions are set to stop, take a picture, move to the next point, stop, take a picture, repeat? In other words, precise positioning is at play for a specific purpose?

Makes sense to me. Also would make sense to have an option for different flight characteristics, whereby when in Stop/Image Capture/Move mode, the sudden stops would be expected. When not in that mode, letting go of the sticks (or programmed stops) could be more gradual.

Maybe something to put in the wish list for the H520. :)

Jeff

on the second firmware out of the three that yuneec sent out for the h520 made some improvement. was only to fly for a small bit after the second firmware was released was on vacation and had a mishap with it noted on another thread. I did the third firmware update while waiting on replacement part donor h520 that was ordered brand new. the h520 has now been restored to test flight ready status.Now waiting on the snow to melt to completely test out the new updates that yuneec sent out. plus side i now have 2 h520 chargers and 4 h520 batteries

finally a day where i can test the repairs and all went better than expected on the most recent firmware. still fly rock solid and unlike my h480 it goes straight as an arrow. On both of the h480s I own they fly at 315 to 345 degree off center angle out of complete 360 degree circle. I have to off center the nose of the craft to fly in a straight line

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csandoval