Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

video antenna.

Reaction score
was reading about aftermarket antennas, because I was losing video signal. Was about to buy one of the antennas that was in the $120. 00 range & then I contacted Yunnec. Asked the support about this, his reply was to buy the patch. It is a uni directional antenna part # yunst16109, cost about $6.00. He stated that he owned a typhoon & this is what he put on his controller to get out farther. He said he could have bought the aftermarket antennas but this worked just as well. The only drawback was the controller had to be pointed towards the typhoon. anybody have any info on this?
Thanks!

BS....
If they didn't work (aftermarket antennas) they wouldn't make them.
The ITElite antenna (probably what your looking at in that price range) suffices for most users needs.
With the radio and Q mods I get a solid 5000'.
But hey, for $6.00 it's worth a shot. Lol :)
Good luck and happy flying,
Jafo

I have the ITElite setup on my ST10...Is there a way to get that to work with my ST16?

Last edited:
Patch antennas work great. Their only draw back is that YES they are directional and need to be pointed at the aircraft. I do not have any aftermarket antennas on my H or ST-16. You do need to make sure the antennas on the H are pointed straight down and not at an angle or curled up. On the H it is real easy to catch one of the antennas in the gimbal mount when installing it. Once you get more than 3000 feet out, you will have great difficulty keeping line of site.

Reactions: jgreaves

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jesster0430