Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Video clips not stitched

Reaction score
When recording video, the 5 minute clips are not being stitched together, as I understand it I have to wait until the green LED on camera has stopped flashing, which I do, but still seperate clips. What am I doing wrong?

Nothing. Just the way it is. Use a video processing program to combine them, but only if you want to torture your viewers. It's better to edit together clips that are less than 10-15 seconds, and even then, that's pushing it.

My mistake, however I knew I had read it somewhere; page 40 of Updated manual:

"The Camera will record video in 5 min. segments, if you turn off the Typhoon H
before stopping the recording, the segments will not be joined into one file. To join the segments, re-install the SD card (if removed) and start the Typhoon H again and wait for the CAMERA LED to turn solid Green."

My mistake, however I knew I had read it somewhere; page 40 of Updated manual:

"The Camera will record video in 5 min. segments, if you turn off the Typhoon H
before stopping the recording, the segments will not be joined into one file. To join the segments, re-install the SD card (if removed) and start the Typhoon H again and wait for the CAMERA LED to turn solid Green."

This is confusing and not accurate. I believe 2 things have been incorrectly mixed into 1.

1. The camera will record video into 5 min segments (more or less) and that's just the way it is.

2. If you turn off the H before stopping the recording, the file will corrupt and not write correctly if at all. To fix this (hopefully) you reinstall the card, power up the bird, and let it finish writing out the file...

SOMETHING like this...I may not be remembering it entirely correct....someone else who knows better can comment and correct me or give more precise instructions....I'm pulling this one out of the fog......

This is confusing and not accurate. I believe 2 things have been incorrectly mixed into 1.

1. The camera will record video into 5 min segments (more or less) and that's just the way it is.

2. If you turn off the H before stopping the recording, the file will corrupt and not write correctly if at all. To fix this (hopefully) you reinstall the card, power up the bird, and let it finish writing out the file...

SOMETHING like this...I may not be remembering it entirely correct....someone else who knows better can comment and correct me or give more precise instructions....I'm pulling this one out of the fog......
You are close to the truth @Fred Garvin . All of the Yuneec cameras limit recording segments to 5 minutes maximum length. Any video recordings of longer length will continue in a new file. Those clips can be merged in post processing without frame loss.

If the aircraft is powered off while recording a video the file is not properly terminated (or closed). Most of the time you can power the system up again, start recording a new video, stop the recording and the new video file will terminate and any other open video files will also be terminated. This allows recovery of the video in most cases.

The information referenced on page 40 in the Vcho3_2 manual is incorrect, as the video files are always 5 minutes or less and are never joined on the SD card. Only in post processing.

More notes: the H (480/CGO3+) is the craft and camera combo that has the chance of recovering from a “Doh!” moment. The other cameras, to this poster’s knowledge, have not been reported as being as forgiving.

I know firsthand, the H520/E50 combo WILL NOT recover the “lost” video file.

Can anyone else vouch for the E90 or C23?

Jeff

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
adanidharavi