Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Video delay during flight

Reaction score
During flight, 100 yards away, the video is so delayed that I need to rely 100% on line of sight of the H. Antenna issue? Utilizing ST16 pro with 3 antennas.

Still takes cool pics!

Attachments

• 8099354E-5E2E-4ECF-9D77-5F70E2798A1E.jpeg
    8099354E-5E2E-4ECF-9D77-5F70E2798A1E.jpeg
    2.9 MB · Views: 17
two “long range antennas” out board and the 5.6 mushroom in the middle. Generally pointed towards the craft.

5D3E3072-D9AF-45DD-8A9B-673E520CB787.jpeg
The antennas should be positioned like this and since you are using the patch antenna in the middle for video the flat face should point directly at the aircraft/camera.

If the patch is already positioned that way and you are experiencing severe lag at 100 yards then there is a problem with:

1) the patch antenna, try using the mushroom omnidirectional antenna and position it like the one in the photo (like a mushroom growing out of the ground).

2) the cloverleaf antenna in the camera, more common than we like

3) WiFi card in the camera, try connecting with your phone and use the CGO app for iOS or CGO3 app Android to test

4) WiFi card in the ST16, connect with a known good 5.8GHz WiFi AP and use the browser to surf the web. Walk around in your home and see if signal drops out more than with a phone or laptop.

Last edited:
View attachment 27959
The antennas should be positioned like this and since you are using the patch antenna in the middle for video the flat face should point directly at the aircraft/camera.

If the patch is already positioned that way and you are experiencing severe lag at 100 yards then there is a problem with:

1) the patch antenna, try using the mushroom omnidirectional antenna and position it like the one in the photo (like amushroom growing out of the ground).

2) the cloverleaf antenna in the camera, more common than we like

3) WiFi card in the camera, try connecting with your phone and use the CGO app for iOS or CGO3 app Android to test

4) WiFi card in the ST16, connect with a known good 5.8GHz WiFi AP and use the browser to surf the web. Walk around in your home and see if signal drops out more than with a phone or laptop.
I will check and try all of the above. That has been my antenna positioning in the past so I will check the others. I don’t have a mushroom, but I will look at the other. Thank you for the advice. I’ll let you know.

C8A1047B-1B9A-4A2A-BC3A-A18C317FF5F2.jpeg
The usual problem with these is like you see in this photo. At the base of the cloverleaf the shield has broken and has poor contact with the solder filet. If you look closely you can see the center conductor and inner clear insulator are still intact. This one was restored by trimming the outer insulation to expose more of the shield, then wrapping fine bare wire around the shield and up onto the solder filet and adding new solder to make a conductive joint. It takes an iron at around 700 F to flow the solder quickly so the inner conductor does not get melted and short out the antenna.

Reactions: Ty Pilot
View attachment 27960
The usual problem with these is like you see in this photo. At the base of the cloverleaf the shield has broken and has poor contact with the solder filet. If you look closely you can see the center conductor and inner clear insulator are still intact. This one was restored by trimming the outer insulation to expose more of the shield, then wrapping fine bare wire around the shield and up onto the solder filet and adding new solder to make a conductive joint. It takes an iron at around 700 F to flow the solder quickly so the inner conductor does not get melted and short out the antenna.
How do you access this antenna. Everything else checks out ok so far. Will test fly again tomorrow.

The cloverleaf can be accessed from the front lens cover. Remove any filter from the cover then unlatch it at the sides where the filter opening is. Next unlatch at the top. You can then swing out at the top and pull up a bit to unlatch at the bottom of the cover. Unclip the cloverleaf and there should be enough slack to see the base of the antenna.

To get to the other end of the antenna cable the camera cover would need to be removed. See Attachment 9 CGO3 Core asswnbly replacement. The CGO3+ is almost identical for removing the cover and accessing the WiFi board where the antenna is plugged in.

Attachments

• WTFDproject Rev89.pdf
    46.9 MB · Views: 9
Reactions: Steve Carr
The cloverleaf can be accessed from the front lens cover. Remove any filter from the cover then unlatch it at the sides where the filter opening is. Next unlatch at the top. You can then swing out at the top and pull up a bit to unlatch at the bottom of the cover. Unclip the cloverleaf and there should be enough slack to see the base of the antenna.

To get to the other end of the antenna cable the camera cover would need to be removed. See Attachment 9 CGO3 Core asswnbly replacement. The CGO3+ is almost identical for removing the cover and accessing the WiFi board where the antenna is plugged in.
4EECDC44-0E68-4CCF-8A4B-07355582F4B9.jpeg

Reactions: Steve Carr
That one appears to be okay.

Hello DoomMeister. Is their an antenna for the CG04 of similar design ?

Hello DoomMeister. Is their an antenna for the CG04 of similar design ?
From the photos I’ve seen the cloverleaf antenna would be inside the extended area on the bottom of the camera. I have no idea how to open the camera to gain access to that.

I was able to access it by removing the covers and lens cover of the camera. Pretty easy but be careful as the tabs appear fragile.

Also How do you get this for the Typhoon H+ ?
I’m not sure what you are asking here.

The Typhoon H Plus uses only the C23 camera.

The CGO4 can only be used on the H920 and there are two versions of it from my understanding. One for the H920 w/ST24 ground station and another for the H920+ w/ST16 ground station.

The Typhoon H/H Pro uses the CGO3+ camera. The H920 can also use this camera with the proper adapter.

Last edited:
I was able to access it by removing the covers and lens cover of the camera. Pretty easy but be careful as the tabs appear fragile.
@Yuneec Newbe was asking if the CGO4 camera had a cloverleaf antenna, and it has a totally different construction.

You are right about removing the extension that covers the antenna and holds filters on the CGO3+. The tabs are fragile on it.

Hi guys.
Not trying to hijack the thread. But have noticed that my CGO3 is taking up to a minute to connect when powering up. The video still works as it always has. No pausing or snow. Could my antenna be going or is there another issue?
Thank you.
Pete.

There is some difference between firmware versions related to how long it takes to connect. The EU firmware takes a LOT longer than the US. And I suppose there might be differences even within the US versions.
Have you recently done any firmware updates?
Does the LED on the front of the camera start flashing green within about 20 seconds of powering up the camera?

There is some difference between firmware versions related to how long it takes to connect. The EU firmware takes a LOT longer than the US. And I suppose there might be differences even within the US versions.
Have you recently done any firmware updates?
Does the LED on the front of the camera start flashing green within about 20 seconds of powering up the camera?
It has had the latest firmware update since I received it. US. The LED is red it seems for about 45 or more seconds then the green will flash for awhile before the ST16 gets around to displaying the view. It seems to be getting longer and longer before the camera view.
Pete.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
drakemerch33