Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Video for Youtube

Reaction score
so I'm wondering, after I shoot video using my 500 4K and put it on you tube for family to view, do I shoot it in 4K, 1080 or 720. Any advise would be greatly appreciated.
Then next I need to learn how to set that up on a private you tube channel.

Many tks

so I'm wondering, after I shoot video using my 500 4K and put it on you tube for family to view, do I shoot it in 4K, 1080 or 720. Any advise would be greatly appreciated.
Then next I need to learn how to set that up on a private you tube channel.

Many tks
1080 is what i use and it looks good and works for me . i'm sure that's what most people use on you tube .

Last edited:
4k is still a relativity new technology and there's still not many viewers (TV's,Monitors) that can handle that much data.
I've had issues with trying to step down from 120fps to just 60fps. my computer is not setup to run video editing and that causes issues too.
For me, I try to keep it simple and use formats most already handle. I mainly shoot in 1080 at 60fps.
I find with these common settings that editing is easy and uploads to most sites are seamless.
Some day I hope to invest in a computer more adept at running video software and perhaps then I'll play with the settings more.
Good luck,
Jafo

Youtube supports 4K videos so why not use that format - people can then choose themselves what resolution video they watch.

Not that it matters in some areas, but also keep in mind that jumping to 4k has other effects as well. In my case, my PC wasn't nearly as new as it needed to be to render reliably in 4k. And there's also upload time to youtube, as well as whatever their connection is for streaming it back. 4k takes a good chunk of speed, and that's not always available everywhere. But if you're just putting it up for family and friends, and none of them are going to be showing it on a large 4k tv in the living room, then it's probably easier to just stay at 1080 as suggested.

Reactions: Jafo
Again, you have bought a camera drone with a 4K camera, why not use it. Get a better computer if needed. Trust me, if you don't, in just a few years watching those 1080P videos will like watching 8mm home movies and you'll be sorry.

"In my humble opinion" of course... ;)

Edit:

And even if you render the videos to 1080P, it is always better to work with a higher resolution original, i.e. 4K - provided your puter can handle it.

Last edited:
Well after some experimentation, I've concluded that my laptop and desk top cannot handle 4K at the moment. So I'll have to shoot 1080. In fact my pcs don't even recognize nor give me the option to see it in the list of videos on the sd card.

Odd but until I can get a pc that handles it or can convert, I'll stick with 1080.

Funny how just a few years ago, we were happy with 720 then 1080 came along and wow. Now we aren't happy unless we get full 4K..lol

Tks for the notes above by others.

If you have a fast computer and lots of disc space to spare (1 Tb) then 4p rendered to 1080 would be ok for a while before having to archiving the camera images. Otherwise 1080 from camera is fine for viewing on your living room TV and saves disc space.

My drone vids were one of the reasons why I bought my new 4TB computer. As far as setting up a private channel, it's easy and free. Just follow the links and you'll have it in no time.

I live in Chicago and am constantly looking for interesting places to fly my Q500 4K and get great footage. It's a challenge to shoot here, because it's pretty windy frequently and we're constantly surround with the public in mass. I shoot exclusively in 4K, anything else is a waste of time and a waste of the capabilities of the Quad you just purchased. The trick is, after you upload to youtube, view the video on your big screen or a secondary monitor using a Chromecast or similar device. The extra resolution gained by shooting in 4K is worth it !!

I used mine to justify the upgrade to a new PC myself (old one was going on 6 years old). Now it loads 4k great, but I have to find more footage to take!

Reactions: Vicki F
I do not suggest using 1080 from the drone camera. You're much better off shooting in 4K, and then maintaining that aspect ratio coming into edit. I edit in 1080p so the image comes in at 50% of it's screen size, you can jump it all the way to 100% without degradation.

I record in 4k because technology it's going to higher quality and I don't want to regret 5 years or more in the future that my videos look like crap on a 4k or higher television. I bit the bullet and bought a computer and monitor made to handle 4k video rendering. Whether you are a professional or not you probably want to have these videos for a long time and you might as well plan for the future. Why put music on a CD when you can put it in mp3 format to a DVD or digital drive.

Reactions: Michael Brown
I record in 4k because technology it's going to higher quality and I don't want to regret 5 years or more in the future that my videos look like crap on a 4k or higher television. I bit the bullet and bought a computer and monitor made to handle 4k video rendering. Whether you are a professional or not you probably want to have these videos for a long time and you might as well plan for the future. Why put music on a CD when you can put it in mp3 format to a DVD or digital drive.
Now that's a great point! I should preserve my 4K material....since my camera is only HD, I always edit in 1080p, but I can and should preserve my footage from my Typhoon H. On my hard drive, it's all 4K, only after a finished and edited piece is it reduced to 1080p. But you're right, I guess my next step will be a 4K camera.....

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
atas77my