Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Video glitches after new v3.03 firmware update!!

Reaction score
Hello, I never had any problems with any of the firmware updates till now. When I record video on the Typhoon H and play it back it is very distorted, glitchy and pixelated. I've already tried disconnecting/reconnecting the camera, calibrating the camera and rebinding the camera.

Anybody know how to reset/delete or rollback the Firmware on the Typhoon H and ST-16 Controller so I can either start over. Or try "re installing" the firmware? Or even better, go back to the previous "November firmware update"? So I can fix this annoying camera glitch problem? If I can I would like to fix this problem before I call Yuneec customer service but I will if necessary.

Your help would be greatly appreciated!

Last edited:
I have rolled back auto pilot and the controller once, but not the camera.
Here is a link to all old firmware
MEGA

Here is a Yuneec firmware Instructions
Firmware

You also could try a new SD card and see if that helps

SFG..
You don't say when you get these problems
Viewing on the ST16, on you computer, (Mac or PC)
I noticed when I did my update, my video settings where different and I had to reset them back to 1080
Check your video settings, If your computer can't handle 4K you would get these glitches

Thank you guys for responding. I do appreciate it.
Here is more info on my camera problem:
When you look at the video feed on the controller "before hitting the video record button", there are no problems what so ever.

- The only time I see choppy video and glitches is "AFTER" I record video using any settings (24fps,30fps, etc) and then play it back on the ST-16 controller.

- I'm am using the mini SD card that came with the kit. The SD card has always handled the files fine before.

- After finishing the firmware update I did notice there were some "files left over" from the update that were still on the card. So after the controller successfully and the Typhoon H updated successfully. "I did delete" those remaining files that were on the card after the update and then put the card back into the camera before my flight. Should I have left those remaining files on the card?

So I will admit I may be panicking to early after seeing these camera glitches right after doing the newest firmware update. It's just I've never had one hiccup with my H since I bought it.
To answer the question no I haven't watched the files on my computer yet. My computer is a beast and has always handled the large 4k files just fine. Later today when I get back home I will see what the video files look like on my computer.
One more question: If I do find the video problem is only from playing back the files on the controller. Are there "settings" on the controller that I need to change to fix this problem?

Thanks...............

SFG01...
I just played back my two flights after the update that are recorded to the controller and I noticed the screen "Blotched" a color type pattern a few times. It also jerked a number of times like it rewound back a sec then played forward. I guess you could call it a twitch.
I also played back some older videos and noticed some twitching but not the blotched color pattern.
Try placing your SD card in the ST16 and playing the videos and see if they play the same way.
I very seldom play back my videos the ST16 records from the H, so I really never noticed it before.
I try flying later today and see if it happens again

Play them back direct from your SD card after you place it in your computer.
If the card is defective the choppy effect will still be there.
You know the camera and its link is good already

Another thing to consider is to do a full (not quick) reformat of the card on your computer. That will lay down a clean file system and also allow for marking bad blocks (if any) on the card.

SFG01...
I took the video file from the stored video
and just reviewed that update video from the controller on my PC..
It shows the same glitches as when viewed on the controller but the video from the card is fine.
I am uploading the controller video to youtube now and will post a link when its finished for you to view to compare to your file.
I think the new firmware might have something in it to improve the video reception and since it is "live" some static area wifi
might cause the glitches.
the controller video is just a quick reference video to let you see what is recorded on the card so you can do a retake without landing the H and removing the card to preview your shots.
If the video on the SD card is fine, I wouldn't worry about the issues you have.
JMO !
Link to Video

Last edited:
Reactions: SciFiGeek01
I appreciate you taking the time to make the video Atomic08.

I checked out the video files on my computer and everything is just fine. (What a relief!) The video looks awesome as usual with no glitches. And the SD card is functioning properly also.

So the problem "is" with the controller and I also agree its from the new firmware update. Maybe it erased the original settings. This is not a life and death problem but it never was a problem before. I'm going to go through all the ST-16 settings and options to see if I can get the video playback on the controller to play smooth like it did "before" the firmware update.

- Has anyone else had this video playback glitch problem on their ST-16 controller before?
- And if so, what did you do to get it back to normal?

I noticed today the same type of jerkyness viewing my media on UAV toolbox on my ST16 just like the above video. I didnt know what to make of it until I read this thread.

I too noticed this immediately after the update. I still had the factory sd card in the camera as i use a smaller card when doing a firmware update. I didnt think it was the card because even the video on the st16 looked slow and glitchy when not recording, just viewing. To my suprise, changing the card back to the larger, faster card solved my problem. I totally agree tho that its strange being it was never an issue in the past. Almost like the slower card actually slowed the data transmission even when not recording.

Wouldn't Yuneec do something about this? I bought this drone strictly for videography and now the video quality is gone.

So I took the micro ad card out of the 4K camera and played the video footage on my laptop, no glitches to speak of.
So I'm just guessing that the latest update might have problems with the playback video feature in tablet mode.

SFG01...
I took the video file from the stored video
and just reviewed that update video from the controller on my PC..
It shows the same glitches as when viewed on the controller but the video from the card is fine.
I am uploading the controller video to youtube now and will post a link when its finished for you to view to compare to your file.
I think the new firmware might have something in it to improve the video reception and since it is "live" some static area wifi
might cause the glitches.
the controller video is just a quick reference video to let you see what is recorded on the card so you can do a retake without landing the H and removing the card to preview your shots.
If the video on the SD card is fine, I wouldn't worry about the issues you have.
JMO !
Link to Video
This is the exact same problem i am having after updating the firmware,i really am sorry to say that i'm glad(and i don't mean that in any way badly at all) that someone else has the same problem,at least now i KNOW that the problem is not my controller/card etc but a problem with the new firmware update,lets hope yuneec come up with (and quickly ) a new update to solve this problem.Ged

I have that same issue. The video that records directly to the controller is messy only at the start though then it evens out. The video on the ad card is fine. Annoying but not a reason to call yuneec I think. Now if it were that way on the card, **** might break loose.

Wouldn't Yuneec do something about this? I bought this drone strictly for videography and now the video quality is gone.

The video quality of a wifi based 720p image in real time at your ST16 is subject to glitches all the time. It's irrelevant as the important image is being recorded on the card in the camera. Image drop in flight is only a problem if you are trying to fly through the monitor only and have no VLOS (which is basically illegal) and then crash or lose the drone. The video quality of the CGO3 camera has not changed and actually is better now with the additional camera controls added with latest firmware updates. Perhaps you don't understand how HD video works?

I just sent my H off to Yuneec USA
the tech said that it sounds like the st16's on board processor is failing and they will change the motherboard for a new one

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mathewthomasmt