Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

VIDEO - Great Lakes Surfing on Lake Michigan - Typhoon H

Reaction score
So I messed around a little bit with the local surfers that took to the frigid Lake Michigan as the waves started to grow. I was not sure how the H was going to handle in the 20-24MPH winds, but I must admit that I was impressed.

Even in the cold (whether that has anything to do with it or not), the gimbal handled all the quick back, forth, up and down movements very well. Overall I was quite happy, just frozen to the core as you could imagine. It was a "dull" sort of day, but I think the video turned out just fine, with few minor adjustments (some you might pick up on while watching.

I included a few outtakes at the end for those that like to see "fail" sort of things :) Hopefully next time I do this the temperature will be closer to 70 than ZERO. Let me know what you think :)

Reactions: gwhuntoon
That is really cool. We have a lot of fresh water surfers and kite surfers on our side of the lake off the north shore of Muskegon . Personally I think they're nuts in these temperatures but, hey, they're having fun and it makes for some great footage. Of course we may start getting some ice now. Last weekend the water was still open.

That is really cool. We have a lot of fresh water surfers and kite surfers on our side of the lake off the north shore of Muskegon . Personally I think they're nuts in these temperatures but, hey, they're having fun and it makes for some great footage. Of course we may start getting some ice now. Last weekend the water was still open.
Thanks! It was a lot of fun being able to fly out there in the conditions that day. I really hope to see more action there soon and with a 4th battery, even more footage :)

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csandoval