Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Video issues

Reaction score
So I took my Q500 out for it's second flight. There wasn't any chance for interference. I was about 10 miles outside of Las Vegas in the desert. I was about 20 feet off the ground and I started to get really bad video lag. Choppy video, pixelated with a several second delay. Once I brought it back down and opened it up on the SD card it was a little choppy too. I had the camera set to auto, video settings 1080p120. I kept aiming the top of the transmitter towards the drone and I got it up to 300ft high but only about 30ft away.

I did use the search, but nothing seemed to cover my exact senario.

Last edited:
When the Q is directly overhead the video signal is weak because the antenna is located inside the camera on top of the lens. If you fly out farther the signal should improve.

When the Q is directly overhead the video signal is weak because the antenna is located inside the camera on top of the lens. If you fly out farther the signal should improve.
I'll take it out again and try going farther out. So that's pretty normal of the video close by?

I'll take it out again and try going farther out. So that's pretty normal of the video close by?
Yes, it's normal when flying overhead. As you move farther away the antenna inside the camera has a better "view" of the ST10.

I took it out today and didn't have the issues. I changed my video settings from 120 to 30. I'm guessing it the transmitter doesn't play well with the really high frame rate.

I took it out today and didn't have the issues. I changed my video settings from 120 to 30. I'm guessing it the transmitter doesn't play well with the really high frame rate.
Yes, I could believe that. Since it's WiFi there may be a lot more packets per second required to maintain a smooth video feed.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kubetlegal