Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Video on card corrupt

Reaction score
Sooo... my last 3 flights have been without crash! I am having an issue with the files the CGO3 writes to the card! Some of the MP4 files will play, and others will not. I get a message saying they are corrupt! Most of the pictures are viewable, but the videos are not. When opened in real player I get a message saying component of this file in unfound. If you have deleted it would you like to delete the rest of the file. Corrupt media encountered during playback.
I have tried 2 different SD cards. The original that came with the quad and a sandisk U3. Any ideas?

Did you always have stopped the video capturing, before you have shut down the copter ?

I have. Every time I have made sure I stop the video before powering off the quad.
The part that frustrates me the most is I can set it up in the house without flying and record video. I can put 10 two minute videos on the card and every single one will play. The minute I go out and fly, the video may work, and it may not. Last flight 2 of the videos played and one said it was corrupt when trying to play it back.

reformat the SD card. also use a class 10 SD card , a brand name like Sand Disk Ultra ,don't use a cheap SD card from china you will have corrupt files , i know this as a fact .

Reactions: Firefly
I've reformatted after every flight. I've used the SD card that came with the quad, and i tried a high-end SanDisk card. Both gave the same results. :(

The minute I go out and fly, the video may work, and it may not. Last flight 2 of the videos played and one said it was corrupt when trying to play it back.

When you are out and have this problem, did you get disconnected from the video-stream on your ST10(+) ?

I have never lost the link on the ST10. I have only flown the quad about a dozen times. Every time the video stays connected to the controller.

What is your connecting

index.php

or

YUNQ500132_2.jpg

I have the slide on connections. No wires. It has to be an issue with the camera. The camera responds to the commands. Take pics, videos, exc. It will put the video files on the card in the DCIM folder, but when you play them on the computer some will play and some won't. The video player, will come up with a message saying file is corrupt and will not play on multiple video players. RealPlayer, and VLC Meadia Player both.

I have the slide on connections. No wires. It has to be an issue with the camera. The camera responds to the commands. Take pics, videos, exc. It will put the video files on the card in the DCIM folder, but when you play them on the computer some will play and some won't. The video player, will come up with a message saying file is corrupt and will not play on multiple video players. RealPlayer, and VLC Meadia Player both.
Are you windows based?

Yes, windows based. Its got me baffled. Some of the video files play just fine, and some don't. I've been reformatting the card between every flight. So my last flight just before sunset I took 4 seperate videos. When I put the card in the computer all 4 video files are there. 2 would play and 2 won't.

K I've sent my brother and email about this - he's the only one that I can think of that may be able to provide some insight as he's a flyer but also my computer guru.

Unless of course one of the many talented folks on here reply sooner.:D

Reactions: Firefly
Thats awesome. Thank you. The owner of the hobby shop where i bought my bird is a friend of mine. I'm hoping maybe he has a little insight as to whats going on. He's out of town till tomorrow afternoon. I have never seen such a thing. I cant figure out why it would write one file just fine and the next one not. Even in the same flight. IDK just frustrating.
Thank you for your help Trapper!

Reactions: Cranky Trapper
Thats awesome. Thank you. The owner of the hobby shop where i bought my bird is a friend of mine. I'm hoping maybe he has a little insight as to whats going on. He's out of town till tomorrow afternoon. I have never seen such a thing. I cant figure out why it would write one file just fine and the next one not. Even in the same flight. IDK just frustrating.
Thank you for your help Trapper!

I hope I can help :) or your buddy can. Either way let's keep our fingers crossed!

Fingers and Toes! When it does work, it takes beautiful videos. Nothing more disappointing than thinking you have some good footage only to find out you really don't.

I think i may have fixed it! I was thinking there may be something up with the CGO3 firmware. I tried re-installing it, but I was doing it wrong. The CGO3 will not recognize the update on the card if the version in the camera is the same as what you put on the card. Sooo.. when you put the file on the card you have to rename it. The current version is 2.4.0.0, so i put 2.4.0.0 on the SD card and named it 2.5.0.0 and Winner Winner Chicken Dinner! It took it and installed it!
I set up in the house due to it being dark and -10 deg and recorded 15 minutes worth of video. Of course it broke it up into 3 five minute files, but they all played. I then deleted the video files from the DCIM folder without re-formatting the card and did it again. I took 3 pictures and redorded 12 min of video. All the pictures were viewable, and all 3 video files played. 2 of them 5 min in length and 1 of them 2 minutes!
Hopefully being able to re-install the firmware did the trick! The test will be next flight! Still got fingers and toes crossed!

Reactions: Cranky Trapper
I think i may have fixed it! I was thinking there may be something up with the CGO3 firmware. I tried re-installing it, but I was doing it wrong. The CGO3 will not recognize the update on the card if the version in the camera is the same as what you put on the card. Sooo.. when you put the file on the card you have to rename it. The current version is 2.4.0.0, so i put 2.4.0.0 on the SD card and named it 2.5.0.0 and Winner Winner Chicken Dinner! It took it and installed it!
I set up in the house due to it being dark and -10 deg and recorded 15 minutes worth of video. Of course it broke it up into 3 five minute files, but they all played. I then deleted the video files from the DCIM folder without re-formatting the card and did it again. I took 3 pictures and redorded 12 min of video. All the pictures were viewable, and all 3 video files played. 2 of them 5 min in length and 1 of them 2 minutes!
Hopefully being able to re-install the firmware did the trick! The test will be next flight! Still got fingers and toes crossed!
Woohoo!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csandoval