Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Video Recertor for external monitor

arruntus

Premium Pilot
Reaction score
I've been looking for information on how to receive the 5.8ghz wifi signal that Yuneec uses to transmit the video signal and it's all very confusing.

Can you tell me what video receiver you use? Is it digital transmission? What characteristics does it have?

Thank you :)

thanks you just gave me something else to test. wonder if the camera can be set as a ip camera with the right software I have two of them in mind. when you get right down to it basically what my past camera cross platform testing that works is doing just with yuneec controllers for now. Now to try and expand it to other nonnative devices and see what happens.

this is the only test so far that has failed. looks like yuneec controller to hdmi cable to capture device is in order.

okay try this

It's an option. Thank you.

I had in mind an independent receiver to connect a screen that has video outputs, HDMI, composite video for example. This allows the monitor and video receiver to be powered by a battery.

It would be very interesting if the device had an antenna so that it could be anchored by means of an extension cable to the mast that I use in the Ground Station to increase signal quality.

I found something but the prices are very high. When I have a while, I'll keep looking to see if I can find something that fits what I want.

How unsuccessful this consultation has been.

Black Friday offers will be available shortly.

Please, can you please say which wifi video receivers do you use? or do you know from other people which models work well?

Thank you

I don't believe that there are any.
It is s propriety signal.
So best bet would be a HDMI wi-fi sender/receiver.

The little information I found was by chance. The most important clue I found in a Uwe Loewer video is this.

The receiver is:

Amimon Connex receiver

The problem is the price... I think it's an exaggeration. For the past 3 or 4 years, we have been promoting high quality digital video for drones and there are more and more models on the market. The point is to find a valid receiver for the system that Yuneec uses. From Uwe's video I think that's okay but I don't have the security. It's not a question of spending a lot of money and then not worth it.

I have found other models that may be worthwhile but without testing. They have more moderate prices.

Full HD receiver transmitter VTX digital video system build-in OSD

Connex ProSight HD Video Receiver

Insight SE 5G 1080P 200mW Full HD Digital Video System

I don't remember now who said anything about it, Rayray or Bob55 maybe? See if anyone can shed any light on this.

If the desire to rebroadcast to a distant remote station is what’s required, along with data security, you won’t find it cheap. Those that really want to will have no problem establishing what WiFi frequency Yuneec uses, they’ll employ a frequency scanner to find out. Security comes from encryption on both ends of the signal. Distance comes with power. The real problem seems to be that people don’t want to pay the prices that commercial broadcast equipment commands. It’s like there’s a sense sime are entitled to obtain for nothing, or just a little over nothing for what those earning big money invest heavily in. If you want to play be prepared to pay for the level you wish to participate.

BTW, Connex works well.

I'm looking for a wifi receiver that works with the Yuneec signal so I can see the images sent by the camera on a monitor on the ground station.

That one you put Haydn might be worth but I'd like to have confirmation of those that will work without any problems.

It has to be an autonomous reception system, avoiding having to connect any cable to the ST16S that would greatly limit movement.

The lack of information on the specifications, in this case the video signal, makes it very difficult to find anything. Is the signal really encrypted or only password protected? Knowing the specifications a little bit would make it much easier to choose the right receiver.

The small Connex receiver has an acceptable price. And as in everything, of course I'm looking for something worthwhile at the lowest possible price. Isn't that what we all do? :D

Performance, consistency, reliability are what qualify a price for me. I love cheap but know when I find it the product won't last long.

Of course, if it is not of quality, it means spending twice and that is what we must avoid. But for example with the two Connex models, from paying 220€ to pay 800€ worth the big model when it may be more than enough with the small one...... there is a lot of difference. That's what I'm talking about.

See if anyone can confirm us. For the H920, I imagine it will be the same system..

The 920 and 480 share an autopilot and ST-16. The camera functionality for the CGO-4 is not the same as the CGO-3 but the broadcast protocols may be.

No one has yet tested or is aware of a wireless video receiver that knows for sure that it works correctly with the H520 cameras?

Reactions: Haydn
I've been looking for information on how to receive the 5.8ghz wifi signal that Yuneec uses to transmit the video signal and it's all very confusing.

Can you tell me what video receiver you use? Is it digital transmission? What characteristics does it have?

Thank you :)
Hi i have a monitor 7 inch with wireless receiving integrated in 5,8GHz and video NTSC/PAL name is Black Pearl

Hi i have a monitor 7 inch with wireless receiving integrated in 5,8GHz and video NTSC/PAL name is Black Pearl

Hi @airevenpro

I've searched for what you say and it's a whole in one but for analog and non-digital video, which is what Yunnec uses. We can't use it.

A small HDMI monitor that you plug on the radio output. You can put a cable up to 5m .. I do not think you can recover the radio signal from the h520 because it is coded and retransmits at the same time telemetry.
You have this solution or also an HDMI / Analog module that can power an RCA video monitor.
I have a 5.2ghz monitor with 24 scan channels and no signal from the camera. Negative test.

Telemetry comes apart.

There has to be a way, the fact of entering a password confirms it.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csandoval