Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Video recorder for HDMI port on ST16S

arruntus

Premium Pilot
Reaction score
I want to ask you which external recorder you use to record the output of the HDMI port.

I've been searching and the ones that caught my attention have been these:

Things I've considered:
  • Working voltage, 5 or 12V (Important for using a PowerBank or 3S battery)
  • Dimensions and weight (we have to transport and use it together with the ST16S)
  • Where the video is stored: USB, SD card, HDD or SSD
  • Price
What do you think of these models? Have you looked at others? Which ones do you use?

Last edited:
Reactions: Nickannius
I have already received the video recorder for the ST16S via HDMI. I've tried it and it works very well. Purchased at the Black Friday along with the HDMI cable and for 60€ running.

Keep Out SX200

Record 1080 and it's as simple as pressing the button and recording. Press it again and stop recording. Small, lightweight, record to USB or SD and with a 5V input for powering through a Powerbank.

I use the open source version. Lots of different brands out there. This one works off the 5V output from the ST16's USB port near the HDMI. Can live stream video if you hook it up to PC.
search ezcap 284 streaming

For the ports, features and everything that has I am sure that is the same also, but with a certain brand and model. The advantage that you don't have to order it from china, I found it nearby and above with the Black Friday at Chinese price, even a little cheaper with taxes included. The little I've tried I think works pretty well :)

If you have to fly lightly you can use the ST16S's USB port, but if not better to conserve the transmitter's battery. This is one of the advantages of the ST16S compared to the ST16. It doesn't cost much to put a Powerbank in your pants pocket.

We will see what more uses can be given to USB port :rolleyes:

Reactions: Matchy41
For the ports, features and everything that has I am sure that is the same also, but with a certain brand and model. The advantage that you don't have to order it from china, I found it nearby and above with the Black Friday at Chinese price, even a little cheaper with taxes included. The little I've tried I think works pretty well :)

If you have to fly lightly you can use the ST16S's USB port, but if not better to conserve the transmitter's battery. This is one of the advantages of the ST16S compared to the ST16. It doesn't cost much to put a Powerbank in your pants pocket.

We will see what more uses can be given to USB port :rolleyes:

Got mine on amazon.com for $67, but it's no longer available. The replacement doesn't have live streaming capability :(
I've been using this Power Bank.
The H520 is my first system that can outlast the transmitter batteries!
Here's a recording at 720p from the Typhoon H's ST16.
CGOETexvid.mp4

Last edited:
Reactions: arruntus
I have two small Powerbanks but if I buy a bigger one I would go for something like this.

Solar Powerbank

The price of the one I have put seems to me to be ridiculous, if it is very cheap mistrust....... But the idea is that, since It can get you out of trouble with your cell phone for example.

It's funny, but from the tests I did yesterday, the video came out at 1080. I don't know if it extrapolates the video but at least the format was 1080p. In principle, the video signal link transmits at 720p. The signal coming out of the HDMI I understood as 720p too. I don't know, I'll take a closer look :eek::eek:

I have a small remote control let's me choose 1080 or 720p resolution.
239100dfe7e785bedde8b730550ea2ce.jpg

Interesting, this one has no remote control. Only one button to record and stop recording.

I imagine it'll scale the input image. The important thing is that it works well :)

Anyway, when I have a little time I will look at it well, in case anyone is interested in that model.

Hello @ all,

I still use the HD video capture, which I already use with the Typhoon H.
The advantage of the ST16s is that I do not need an additional powerbank. The downside is the battery performance of the ST16s, so I need to load them again.
Unfortunately I have not found an Android 4.4.4 RecorderApp yet.

Just like the Typhoon H I use the HD video capture and draw the power from the power bank, as here in the video. This has the advantage that I can additionally load the ST16 or ST16s if I need longer.

greeting
Fan Tho Mass

Reactions: Haydn and arruntus
I use the same system, with a similar recorder and a Powerbank. The only difference is that I bought the HDMI cable with a 90-degree connector instead of straight. It is less annoying when you connect it to the ST16S next to the antennas and point the cable downwards.

Reactions: Matchy41

This type of cable, which is thread-coated rather than plastic coated, is more appropriate because it is less rigid and easier to handle. The only thing if it is possible to find one with the 90-degree connector without an adapter, it eliminates the problems of being totally or partially disconnected. Keep in mind that we usually move. I at least :p

It does not have to be a particularly good HDMI cable, because the video transmission is low at 720p. What I have not yet is an angle adapter, but you're right, that would lead to less complications here.
But I have to say that I use the HD video capture, as shown in the video always and had no problems so far.

greeting

Reactions: Haydn
It does not have to be a particularly good HDMI cable, because the video transmission is low at 720p. What I have not yet is an angle adapter, but you're right, that would lead to less complications here.
But I have to say that I use the HD video capture, as shown in the video always and had no problems so far.

greeting
I had options of using the 90 degree adapter, but ended up using the straight to straight cable.

Attachments

• 20171206_141603.jpg
    20171206_141603.jpg
    2.7 MB · Views: 21
Reactions: arruntus

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csandoval