Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Video recording length

Reaction score
After several weeks and flights getting accustomed to flying the H I used it on teh 4th for the primary reason I purchased it - search and rescue. We were looking for a suspected drowning victim (I say suspected because no one saw her in the water but her flip flops were found on the shore about 200' apart.) thought to be in shallow water or in a shoreline swamp. I flew 3 times with flight times of 12, 15, and 18 minutes. When I later looked at the video from the camera chip the videos were all in 5 minute clips. The file sizes were 1, 845,xxx to 1, 846,xxx. I had not paid attention to this before (too much other stuff to learn) but I went back and looked at earlier videos I had taken during my ongoing learning process and noticed that none are larger than 1,845,xxx to 1,846,xxx. Is there some setting that is limiting recording time or is this a function of the system? So much to learn, so little time to do it! Thanks for the help.

The woman was found the following day outside the high probability search area in 15' of water by a swimmer when she began to surface. A sad holiday for several people.

Videos are automatically split at 5 minutes to be compatible with Sd card file systems. You can join them again in any video editor and they should be seamless.

the 5 minute segments threw me when I first started flying a H. I'd come from a Phantom 2 Vision Plus that would make a continuous recording without breaks unless the recording was stopped to take pictures, say.

As Tuna says, though, the 5 minute segments from the H isn't an issue when in post production. No frames are lost when you join it up.

Just for background, that same 5 minute file format was used in the Typhoon/Q500, Ty4k, and Chroma models.

Thinking about it the 5 minute file will work well for me as I likely won't be producing many "videos." If I fly for 15 minutes and the objective of the search is identified at minute 11, I can download the 10-15 minute segment to command right away for their use and get the 1-5 and 5-10 minute segments to them later.

For S&R work a 5 minute file size might make the review process more manageable where defining highlights is concerned. Easier to drill down to a specific place and time in a file without wading through less useful imagery.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sierrarhodesss