Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Videos saved to controller instead of camera

Reaction score
I have the latest updates for the H Plus and was trying to shoot at 1080 resolution. The few videos on the card were not playable but I noticed they were instead saved to the controller. The quality is subpar to say the least.
Is this an issue with the camera or the microSD card?

I have the latest updates for the H Plus and was trying to shoot at 1080 resolution. The few videos on the card were not playable but I noticed they were instead saved to the controller. The quality is subpar to say the least.
I think it is more an issue with a missing codec on the computer than anything else. What computer system are you using?

The videos are always saved to the controller (at 720p) for quick review onsite.

What SD card are you using?

Does it record 4K video to the card okay?

Does it record jpg and DNG photos properly to the SD card?

Next ? Are you stopping each video or just pressing the button to start them?
Now that you mention, the camera would stop on its own. In the past I'd turn on the came and it would records in 5 minutes chunks until I turned it off.

Now that you mention, the camera would stop on its own. In the past I'd turn on the came and it would records in 5 minutes chunks until I turned it off.

If you don’t stop the recording, the “current” video file will not close properly, rendering it unreadable.

The H480 trick (put the card back in the camera, start a video, then stop it) sometimes properly closes the previous video file. However, this trick is both not foolproof and may not work for the H plus (C23) or the H520. I know it does not work for the E50.

One other thing to keep in mind... if you do anything with the files prior to attempting the trick above, as in deleting, cutting, moving within the card itself, you send your probabilities of success toward zero chance.

Jeff

Reactions: Texas_Willie
You just found the cause of your play back problems; the videos were not closed properly.

The camera does not stop after a 5 minute file, it continues running and starts another file. That happens because of the file formatting, which limits files to about 5 minutes each. If left running continuously you would have a bunch of files from one camera run that you link together in post to make a seamless, continuous video. However, if you failed to stop the video before turning off the H those files would be corrupted as part of the code necessary to complete them was never added to the last file.

Bottom line, you have been using your equipment incorrectly. You must physically start and stop each video or they will be corrupted. There is also a need to learn a bit more about how the FAT file system works.

You just found the cause of your play back problems; the videos were not closed properly.

The camera does not stop after a 5 minute file, it continues running and starts another file. That happens because of the file formatting, which limits files to about 5 minutes each. If left running continuously you would have a bunch of files from one camera run that you link together in post to make a seamless, continuous video. However, if you failed to stop the video before turning off the H those files would be corrupted as part of the code necessary to complete them was never added to the last file.

Bottom line, you have been using your equipment incorrectly. You must physically start and stop each video or they will be corrupted. There is also a need to learn a bit more about how the FAT file system works.
I tried a different SD card and everything works like it should. I thought it may have been a bug in the latest update, but that wasn't the case.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DHYradio