Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Viewing recorded video on ST16

Reaction score
I was out flying the other day and needed to check back through the footage i had taken, and suddenly realised that the only way would be to take the SD out of the sgo3+ and plug it into a computer. When you dont have a computer on you, its annoying.
Is there a way to record the video back to the ST16 controller?? or something that has a similar function, i note that theres an sd port on the base of the controller.

suddenly realised that the only way would be to take the SD out of the sgo3+ and plug it into a computer. When you dont have a computer on you, its annoying.

That's not the only way. The St-16 records its own video independently of the SD card on the CGO3+ for exactly the reason of checking back what you recorded.
It can be a bit flickery but it's usually enough to see what you need. You should get a little play icon on your main screen which lets you access these videos. Have you not read the manual ?

Last edited:
Reactions: KEITH KUHN
Also note that the playback of those stored videos is the native resolution of the ST-16... 1280x720. The 4K is only saved to the microSD card in the camera. But as already noted, it's sufficient for review purposes.

So how do i get to that playback??
is it in the typhoon menu or do i have to exit to pad mode

Do you have this? If not, read it....know it....live it.....

Attachments

• Typhoon H User Manual Enhanced.pdf
    4.7 MB · Views: 30
Reactions: Ty Pilot and AeroJ
Do you not have the Play icon on your main St-16 home screen ?

I am a long way from 100% on this, but I do seem to remember this not being available on the earliest firmware versions - perhaps someone else could confirm or deny that, but if you don't see it my first question would be 'what version of firmware do you have on the ST-16 ?'...

I was out flying the other day and needed to check back through the footage i had taken, and suddenly realised that the only way would be to take the SD out of the sgo3+ and plug it into a computer. When you dont have a computer on you, its annoying.
Is there a way to record the video back to the ST16 controller?? or something that has a similar function, i note that theres an sd port on the base of the controller.
Do you have a tablet?
I use a
Vivitar USB 2.0 Digital SD Card Reader
and plug into my tablet.

I believe as well if you are in the field, you can take the sd card from the camera, put it into the st16 and then watch videos from the st16. As well, the st16 does have the "pad" mode, which you would be available to download a video player from the play store and watch it via pad mode on the st16

I believe as well if you are in the field, you can take the sd card from the camera, put it into the st16 and then watch videos from the st16. As well, the st16 does have the "pad" mode, which you would be available to download a video player from the play store and watch it via pad mode on the st16

You can do that, but it's a waste of time if you are trying to preview 4K video, which the tablet doesn't have a hope in **** of playing back without constant problems...

EDIT: REALLY mods ? The word H*E*L*L is banned here ? That has never been a swear word, so interested to know on what grounds that is considered unsavoury. There's family-friendly and then there's just silly...

Last edited:
Not sure who your referring to @AeroJ about the tablet? I can review 4k videos using my tablet without issues.
My tablet is a samsung and what, 5 years old now. In fact as i'm typing this info I'm watching my recent boating excursion in full 4k.

Ahh, I thought you might have been implying that. And agree it ain't gona happen with the controller pad.

Hi, I use my 10inch Feelworld on a tripod Aerial photography with Robinson R44 based at Bromma Airport Stockholm connected via HDMI when I fly but also to show my client the result of the flight. Works great and very much appreciated,

I’ll simply say RTFM. Had that been done a lot earlier there would never have been the question. There’s likely a lot more upcoming questions that will be induced from the same failure.

Reactions: AeroJ
That's not the only way. The St-16 records its own video independently of the SD card on the CGO3+ for exactly the reason of checking back what you recorded.
It can be a bit flickery but it's usually enough to see what you need. You should get a little play icon on your main screen which lets you access these videos. Have you not read the manual ?

Hi
just a quick question
If I put an SD card in
my controller,will the video
Be recorded on the card as well ,?
Thank you
Keith Kuhn

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members