Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Viewing video/Editing

Reaction score
I have a Q500 4K and I have always had a Samsung phone and wAs able to download video to the phone and playback. Now I have a iPhone and can't do anything. Anyone have any suggestions? Also, any recommendations for video editing programs for my PC?

First of all, excuse me if I'm misunderstanding your situation.
Unless you are an IPhone guru, transferring files to and from an IPhone requires the use of the ITunes software. Unlike the Android system, the IPhone encodes it's files.
For video editing, I like Movavi Video Suite 15 Drone Edition. About $25 on Amazon.

Reactions: Q4KMD
...<snip>... Also, any recommendations for video editing programs for my PC?
If you ask 10 different people about their recommendation of a video editing program, you are likely to get 10 different answers. Some will swear by one particular program and sing it out, and some another. Over the years I've used several. For me, one stood out from the crowd: Davinci Resolve. Unfortunately my laptop didn't have quite enough oomph to run it properly because it is resource hungry. However, if your PC has the guts to run it then I'd recommend that.

However, if your PC does struggle with Resolve, then I would recommend Filmora. Less resource hungry, pretty easy to learn and gives good results (it runs well on my 6 year old laptop running 8gig memory, i5 processor and 1gig GEFORCE CUDA graphics card). Free evaluation version has a heavy watermark so to produce usable results you have to pay for it.

First of all, excuse me if I'm misunderstanding your situation.
Unless you are an IPhone guru, transferring files to and from an IPhone requires the use of the ITunes software. Unlike the Android system, the IPhone encodes it's files.
For video editing, I like Movavi Video Suite 15 Drone Edition. About $25 on Amazon.

Thank you for the reply.

If you ask 10 different people about their recommendation of a video editing program, you are likely to get 10 different answers. Some will swear by one particular program and sing it out, and some another. Over the years I've used several. For me, one stood out from the crowd: Davinci Resolve. Unfortunately my laptop didn't have quite enough oomph to run it properly because it is resource hungry. However, if your PC has the guts to run it then I'd recommend that.

However, if your PC does struggle with Resolve, then I would recommend Filmora. Less resource hungry, pretty easy to learn and gives good results (it runs well on my 6 year old laptop running 8gig memory, i5 processor and 1gig GEFORCE CUDA graphics card). Free evaluation version has a heavy watermark so to produce usable results you have to pay for it.

Thank you for the reply.

The first thing you want to know is whether or not your PC will even support 4k. If your computer is over two years old it probably won't unless you've upgraded at least the graphics card. Many people purchase a 4k camera before establishing their computer and viewing equipment can even handle it. Right after trying to watch their first video they get on forums complaining about the bad video quality coming from the camera. After that they start chasing after video editors they hope will save the day and turn out high resolution video on a low resolution computer.

The first thing you want to know is whether or not your PC will even support 4k. If your computer is over two years old it probably won't unless you've upgraded at least the graphics card. Many people purchase a 4k camera before establishing their computer and viewing equipment can even handle it. Right after trying to watch their first video they get on forums complaining about the bad video quality coming from the camera. After that they start chasing after video editors they hope will save the day and turn out high resolution video on a low resolution computer.
I agree.
My laptop is getting on for 7 years old now. However, when new it was a fairly high end machine with a dedicated graphics card...but it struggles with 4K stuff and won't play it at all in WMP. I can get 4K viewable using VLC Media Player but even using that the footage is very jumpy.

Consequently, I shoot most of my footage in 1080 Full HD and only shoot in 4K if a client insists on it. My editor will handle 4K and to verify a good edit I'll do two renders: one to 1080 which I can view without any problems on my computer and if it looks good I'll render again to 4K for the client. But I agree that this is buggering around. Far better if I had a new 4K capable PC which I'm planning to address in the coming months.

Get a Newer Laptop and life will be good. I purchased a new HP Envy Core I7 with 16gb Memory from Best Buy last December. It has Dual Graphics Cards. Got it for under $800. It is Touch Screen which I don't use. I also use to shoot everything in 1080p but recently have started filming in 4k Mode.

Get a Newer Laptop and life will be good. I purchased a new HP Envy Core I7 with 16gb Memory from Best Buy last December. It has Dual Graphics Cards. Got it for under $800. It is Touch Screen which I don't use. I also use to shoot everything in 1080p but recently have started filming in 4k Mode.
Indeed. My computer is an i5 with 8gb memory and a nvidia cuda graphics card. It was towards the top end of laptops 7 years ago, but is struggling with 4K stuff now. I agree that i7 with 16gb memory and a 4K display is the least specification I should be looking at. My PfCO is due for renewal shortly so in the next few weeks I'll be going over my operations manual and sending my renewal application in to the CAA. Once that is out of the way I'll get a new computer that can handle 4K without problems.

That said, although I will be able to deal with 4K much easier with a new computer, it still remains true that the 4K that I produce will still not be viewable on some display devices. For example, a client that is not well informed may insist on 4K video but later find that he can't see 4K on his computer and argue that there must be something wrong with the file. For this reason I will explain in writing the possible issues around 4K and only produce 4K for a client after I have ensured he is aware of any issues he may encounter with his display device.

There are a few apps on the App Store that can handle 4K video but personally, I use Quik and Splice by GoPro and love these apps. Quik is extremely fast and easy. You simply open the app, tell it which clips (now stored on your phone) you want to use, and then it spits out a video. While Splice is for you if you want a bit more granular control. It’s still very intuitive, but it doesn’t do everything for you like Quik does. You load in your clips, and then you start trimming them down and reordering. You can choose your own transitions between clips, you can add filters to individual clips, you can control the font for your onscreen text, you can edit the volume of individual clips, and possibly most importantly, you can control the speed.
Here's one of the best resource for editing videos: Best Video Editing Apps for iPhone & iPad - iPhoneByte

Last edited:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Joyflightfare