Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Visibility

Reaction score
One of the reasons I like the H so much is its visibility. You can see it a long way away, if it's backed up by the sky. I didn't consider the conditions I had to fly in for one client the other day...very gusty winds, flying low over water, against a dark background (looking at retention pond stuff). I lost it a few times while I framed their shots (had a client standing over me) which made me a little uncomfortable. Any ideas for making it more visible quickly with darker backgrounds without painting the whole thing?

A friend has wrapped two of his motor arms with Fluorescent tape and it does make it more visible. If it were me I would maybe wrap the landing legs so when the gear are up, the highly visible tape would have the dark motor arms as a background when viewed from below.

Reactions: DoomMeister
One of the reasons I like the H so much is its visibility. You can see it a long way away, if it's backed up by the sky. I didn't consider the conditions I had to fly in for one client the other day...very gusty winds, flying low over water, against a dark background (looking at retention pond stuff). I lost it a few times while I framed their shots (had a client standing over me) which made me a little uncomfortable. Any ideas for making it more visible quickly with darker backgrounds without painting the whole thing?

See this post / solution:

Visualization Aids

Yes, the colour and size of the H makes it great for seeing in open sky, but rather the opposite when you are under the treeline ! I've seen good results with the various brightly coloured wraps available. Check out the neon ones particularly...

Yep, I've wrapped my landing legs (and the landing feet) with neon orange gaffers tape. It helps a great deal. I've got the neon orange wraps but haven't installed them yet. I also have CREE LEDs on the landing legs. I also have neon orange H shells that I haven't installed (yet).

Where I fly I don't feel like like I can get too much visibility for my two H aircraft.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lahorelaptop