Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Wandering Breeze

Reaction score
I just got my Breeze today. First impressions: Virtually useless. This thing wanders more than a guy's eyes at a strip club. I had 15 GPS signals and the Breeze wanted to fly off into trees, drop down on a table top, fly into my face and give me a discount rhinoplasty ... you get the picture. I turned the GPS off for the second flight and found it hovered and held position better (both flights outside) than with the GPS on.

To answer some foreseeable comments: I calibrated the compass. The firmware is up to date, as is the software. The area was free from interference and I had a clear view of the sky.

I have a Parrot (also garbage) and a Mavic Pro. I operate a small real estate video company, so I fly often, and I fly a lot. I didn't expect the Breeze to be perfect, but after reading all the great reviews, I'm wondering if I just got a bad bird. Or, do most of you not care about the drone flying off on its own, unsupervised, running around with the wrong crowd, and probably ending up in jail?

I just got my Breeze today. First impressions: Virtually useless. This thing wanders more than a guy's eyes at a strip club. I had 15 GPS signals and the Breeze wanted to fly off into trees, drop down on a table top, fly into my face and give me a discount rhinoplasty ... you get the picture. I turned the GPS off for the second flight and found it hovered and held position better (both flights outside) than with the GPS on.

To answer some foreseeable comments: I calibrated the compass. The firmware is up to date, as is the software. The area was free from interference and I had a clear view of the sky.

I have a Parrot (also garbage) and a Mavic Pro. I operate a small real estate video company, so I fly often, and I fly a lot. I didn't expect the Breeze to be perfect, but after reading all the great reviews, I'm wondering if I just got a bad bird. Or, do most of you not care about the drone flying off on its own, unsupervised, running around with the wrong crowd, and probably ending up in jail?
That certainly is descriptive and I get the picture.
It does sound like a GPS problem. If you can, give it another test flight only leave it on the ground for 13 minutes with the motors off after you turn the power on. If it is still wants to wander to the club then the GPS is likely bad and will need to go back to Yuneec or where ever you bought it.

That certainly is descriptive and I get the picture.
It does sound like a GPS problem. If you can, give it another test flight only leave it on the ground for 13 minutes with the motors off after you turn the power on. If it is still wants to wander to the club then the GPS is likely bad and will need to go back to Yuneec or where ever you bought it.
I agree. Even I forget with my H to do that sometimes. Too anxious to get it in the air.

Wait. Are you guys telling me the Breeze needs 13 minutes to properly start up? Or, is this just a one time test to see if it gets a proper fix?

There is a database containing the ephemerals of the GPS (now some 50 +) satellites. This database is broadcasted at a relatively low baudrate by the satellites. So it takes quite a time (quarter of an hour) after a cold start of your GPS receiver. Therefore it seems sensible to give the breeze some time. But only once - if the instability persists your breeze should fly to Yuneec for a repair under warranty pronto.
To share my experience with my breeze: Super stable in Vienna/Austria.

Sooo ... I let the Breeze sit calmly on a table in a very open space for 15 minutes of meditation. I had candles, soft bells, and some wine to help set the mood. Then, it was time for lift off.

I blew out the candles, shot the bells, and drank the wine. The party was clearly over. This thing is as unstable as a unicycle on a bowling ball. Being sensitive and patient, I tried the whole process over a second time with the same results. Crazy? You be the judge.

Thanks for all your help. This lemon is getting squeezed back into it's box and returned, not exchanged. I'll stick with the Mavic Pro. If I ever feel the need to fly something unstable, I'll break out my old Parrot.

When all that candle, bells, wine, meditation didn't help, there must have been a really bad curse on your Breeze because you betrayed the Mavic.
Youtube could have saved the Breeze if you looked hard overthere.

When all that candle, bells, wine, meditation didn't help, there must have been a really bad curse on your Breeze because you betrayed the Mavic.
nikono, did you happen to see a solution on YouTube?

I checked YouTube after your post. I didn't find anything other than reviews. Not one video popped up that dealt with the Breeze's propensity to wander around aimlessly.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sierrarhodesss