Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Wanky Agisoft import

Reaction score
Hi all
first time using the h520 to do a mapping project at my house
80% overlap with 85ft hgt and standard square with 90 degree ran as well

I have the agisoft demo and load images and align and it comes out not as i would expect..take a look at the screen grab. All the images dont turn up and they are at a bunch of diffrent angles and it has a very hard time making a legible orthomosaic

I suspect a wrong setting during the flight or??

It is the latest firmware on the kit

Attachments

• h520-agisoft wanky.JPG
    h520-agisoft wanky.JPG
    45.1 KB · Views: 44
Hi all
first time using the h520 to do a mapping project at my house
80% overlap with 85ft hgt and standard square with 90 degree ran as well

I have the agisoft demo and load images and align and it comes out not as i would expect..take a look at the screen grab. All the images dont turn up and they are at a bunch of diffrent angles and it has a very hard time making a legible orthomosaic

I suspect a wrong setting during the flight or??

It is the latest firmware on the kit

:(

Last edited:
Don't message me - I don't use Agisoft, so probably can't help. :D Which camera were you using? E90?

It looks like it's completely misread the location data from the images. How are you getting them from the camera to the Agisoft import?

I use Pix4D. I have never used Photoscan but something can be done.

What I'm going to say is presupposing Photoscan's behavior. I imagine you will have to indicate that it is a photogrammetric project and it will ask you to load the images. That they have a certain inclination may be normal, that they do not follow the flight pattern you have made is not normal.

An image from the top of the images completely vertical and perpendicular to the images would be better. Doesn't Photoscan define the flight pattern, as the images have been taken?

Seeing the options of the mission you have scheduled would be interesting as well. As soon as you select the mission scam as a survey you don't have to touch the camera's tilt. The selected camera has to be the one you are using, the E90?

If you put in some screenshots of both the mission and Photoscan we could tell you something else.

I'm using the e90 and choose that option when setting the survey mission up in data pilot

Is there an option in data pilot to make the camera face straight down...in the manual the say u can set gimble angles...but don't see it in the survey mission plan options

Is there an option in data pilot to make the camera face straight down...in the manual the say u can set gimble angles...but don't see it in the survey mission plan options

In principle it can be configured in flight. I don't know if it opens by changing. You take off and put it at 45 degrees for example.

So when u create a survey mission the data pilot software automatically sets gimble angles for your survey grid?

You should have a set of images taken facing straight down, with the camera at 90 degrees to the grid direction - usually so 'up' in the photo is in the direction of flight.

I've seen on some data pilot examples where you can set the pitch to 90 degrees when play nong the mission survey..but don't see that on mine when I create a plan. I think when the dronw was cloying the mission the pitch indicator was moving up and down a bunch. I saw a video were it showed the camera locked down at 90..nadir. How can I make the 520 do that...i think that's why the images are all over the place

On the desktop u can set gimble pitch...on the st17s that option is not available?
I am going to build the mission on the desktop..and upload and fly the mission and see what happens

It does not look that you can setup a camera pitch no mater if it is DataPilot on ST16S or it it a desktop one. I guess the only way is just to set the camera pitch manually in a camera control, do your survey at 90 degrees, then land, change the pitch to want you want again(say 45 degrees) and just repeat the mission.

Since there is SDK available and by the fact that you can change camera pitch manually from St16s or DataPilot(meaning there is some function or property to control it) somebody can write their own app for surveys where camera pitch can be changed during a flight. I think at may be even possible to do two sets of images during one flight when camera can take 90 degrees photo, tilt at 45 degrees take another one, switch back to 90 degrees and move to another point repeating all this at each point. Why it has not been done in the current version of DP is a mystery.

So my E90 automatically goes to 90 degrees when I start a mapping mission.

Check is your frontlap and sidelap... I know you said 80% but for both? Low altitude missions need to have very high overlap. Secondly, do not shoot both dng and jpeg for low altitude missions, the camera does not trigger fast enough for the proper overlap. Also, you need to set your speed to maybe five miles per hour when you are that low; otherwise, your drone is simply going too fast to capture the correct overlap.

In version 1.3 they have removed the option to change the tilt of the camera. Something that existed in the previous version. I was going crazy because I couldn't find it.

You could choose survey mode, photo or video. And then if you wanted to do distance or time captures. All these options have disappeared in the new version 1.3 :eek:

ok
tried with an upload from the desktop and it held at nadir of 90

so checking the resolution seems pixelly...

i uploaded a full resolution photo from this last flight at 90 ft...is this what res i should expect...can yall take a look

uploading to agisoft now

Attachments

• YUN_0132.JPG
    YUN_0132.JPG
    12 MB · Views: 31
ok
tried with an upload from the desktop and it held at nadir of 90

so checking the resolution seems pixelly...

i uploaded a full resolution photo from this last flight at 90 ft...is this what res i should expect...can yall take a look

uploading to agisoft now

I'm not sure, which is sure that image is not perpendicular to the ground.

Looks like the coordinate systems are incorrect.

Arruntus - very surprised that the only useful tools have now been taken from us..
Image angle is needed for 3D mapping!!
Only Nadir is useless.
I will check this tomorrow - if it is actually gone I will have to return my H520 as It is getting beyond a joke..

Looks like the coordinate systems are incorrect.

Arruntus - very surprised that the only useful tools have now been taken from us..
Image angle is needed for 3D mapping!!
Only Nadir is useless.
I will check this tomorrow - if it is actually gone I will have to return my H520 as It is getting beyond a joke..

I'm still not sure if it's not possible to determine the inclination, when the flight starts and remains fixed. It's been raining and snowing non-stop since December, and if not, it's been windy. It's awful. I've flown very little. I haven't had time to test it. But come on, oblique flights are essential. Same as the circulars.
You get an update, I think it's very good, you announce things, well, but you take things away and don't say this is very bad. Or at least say it's done differently now. This is crazy. This is crazy o_O

I'm still not sure if it's not possible to determine the inclination, when the flight starts and remains fixed. It's been raining and snowing non-stop since December, and if not, it's been windy. It's awful. I've flown very little. I haven't had time to test it. But come on, oblique flights are essential. Same as the circulars.
You get an update, I think it's very good, you announce things, well, but you take things away and don't say this is very bad. Or at least say it's done differently now. This is crazy. This is crazy o_O

Any model which a building side or steep rock face should really be flown using oblique and cross grid.
If this is professional mapping equipment it need at at least cover the basics.

I now can not use this for a job I had planned,
I needed manual waypoint with different heights and camera on oblique to map side of a mountain.. before update this job was possible

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
atas77my