Welcome to YuneecPilots.com!

Warranty service

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Cornfield, Mar 13, 2018.

1. Cornfield

I bought my Q500 4K at a hobby shop last year and the wifi connection has never worked properly, video link drops at 30-60 feet. I even tried an ST10+ with upgraded antennae. Yuneec customer service says to drop it off at Best Buy. Does Best Buy work on these or do they just conduit them to Yuneec? Will I need my receipt?

2. Murray Martz

Murray Martz Moderator
    Staff Member

Those are questions you will need to ask Best Buy. Make sure to get the name of the person at Best Buy you speak with, and the date and time of day in case there are any questions about your conversation with them.

3. Cornfield

I just called the local Best Buy Geek Squad and was told they have nothing t do with Yuneec. This is gonna be fun.......

4. Cornfield

Yuneec wants me to ship it to them now. So much for Best Buy being heir service center.

5. Steve Carr

Steve Carr Moderator
    Staff Member

If you tried a different controller then the problem is in the camera.

6. Cornfield

I agree. The current problem is "who will fix it". Yuneec wants me to ship them everything but they haven't supplied a pre-paod shipping label. Best Buy is supposed to be their service center but they don't want it.

7. Steve Carr

Steve Carr Moderator
    Staff Member

Are you located in the US or Canada?

8. MajorTomtoGndCtrl

My Q500 crashed on day 2. Yuneec has a service center in Kansas City called kavservice. I had another Drone a week later. Better camera on top of that. I suggest keeping this company in your records. You can get a hold of them at
    kavservice.com and put Att Elizabeth. She was fantastic. Best service I've had on anything. Especially a drone.

Steve Carr likes this.
  9. Cornfield

I'm in Illinois, USA

10. MajorTomtoGndCtrl

I'm in Florida. Was just sharing that I had great experience with this company.

11. Steve Carr

Steve Carr Moderator
    Staff Member

Strange that Yuneec would tell you to take it to Best Buy. Must be a newbie at the service desk. In any case, I've heard some good comments recently about the KAV service. That is a factory service center for Yuneec.

12. Cornfield

im sitting at a Best Buy right now. Been here for 90 minutes. I don't wantvto pay to ship this POS drone. If BB is their service center no one here knows about it. aI havev a call into Yuneec Customer Support so they can talk to BB . I was promised a call back 30 minutes ago. i should have ought DJI

13. MajorTomtoGndCtrl

I bought mine on line from a place in San Fran. Fell out of the shy on day two. KAV contacted me the next day and had me send the telemetry from it. On Monday they contacted me and said they will be replacing it. They shipped it 2nd day. Plus told me to keep the one that crashed. So I have parts or can get a new nodyand fix it. KAV was great.

14. MajorTomtoGndCtrl

Do you want the phone number for KAV to see if they can help you? Best Buy sucks at everything anymore. Most of the people that work at BBs are let's say incompetent.

Murray Martz likes this.
  15. Cornfield

Yuneec chose Best Buy to handle warranty services nationwide. If Best Buy employees are incompetent, what does that say about Yuneec?

16. MajorTomtoGndCtrl

BB isn't their only Service Center

17. MajorTomtoGndCtrl

Just trying to help

18. MajorTomtoGndCtrl

DJI and Hubsan are 100 times worse. Never did get any response from Hubsan on a drone that never flew and took DJI 4 weeks to get back and didn't honor their warranty.

19. Cornfield

Yuneec finally sent me a shipping label. Let's see how good of a job they can do. This thing has never held a wifi lock and I'm hoping they can make it work.

20. Cornfield

I talked to the KB repair center today. They decided that the camera was defective and are replacing it. They will do a test flight today and then return the unit to me.
    I hope to get it back for next week, Spring break for my grandson.