Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Was going to sell my H...so glad I didn't!

Reaction score
I've always liked my H, but as I was taking it on my travels for work, the large size was always somewhat inconvenient, so decided to buy a DJI Mavic Air. I was using the Air more than the H (not that it was better, but it was easier to travel with) and I was going to sell the H

I'm so glad I didn't. I ride a Can Am Spyder (reverse trike) and decided to make some videos of me riding while the drone was following/ watching me. The H is, by far, much better than the Mavic Air for this. As you probably know, the H tracks you by linking the drone to the remote via GPS. The Mavics follow the subject optically and it almost always loses link to what you are following.

So, needless to say, I will be keeping the H and am happy that I am

Check out how good the H follows/watches me here:

and here:

Good Follow Me vids, and great music choices. I’m a classic rock lover , so Bad Company was good, but I was shocked at the Kid Rock’s Born Free an awesome song!

Reactions: Skeets
Only a couple drones come close to matching the H’s ability to follow. DJI products are not among them.

Only a couple drones come close to matching the H’s ability to follow. DJI products are not among them.

I'd almost say that there are NO drones that come close to the H's ability to follow. However, there is a 3rd party app for the DJIs, called "Litchi" that follows the remote via GPS like the H does. The following capability works almost as well as the H, but there is noticeable slowing down and speeding up of the drone's movement on the video.

BTW, what drones do you know of that come close to the H for this purpose?

I'd almost say that there are NO drones that come close to the H's ability to follow. However, there is a 3rd party app for the DJIs, called "Litchi" that follows the remote via GPS like the H does. The following capability works almost as well as the H, but there is noticeable slowing down and speeding up of the drone's movement on the video.

BTW, what drones do you know of that come close to the H for this purpose?

The Airdog has various issues of its own, but it was purpose designed as a follow drone and in that respect there’s no other drone that comes near it for follow capability, H included.

Reactions: m5zealot
That is how Follow Me should work, not Follow Me Sometimes.
Great scenery and tunes.

I've always liked my H, but as I was taking it on my travels for work, the large size was always somewhat inconvenient, so decided to buy a DJI Mavic Air. I was using the Air more than the H (not that it was better, but it was easier to travel with) and I was going to sell the H

I'm so glad I didn't. I ride a Can Am Spyder (reverse trike) and decided to make some videos of me riding while the drone was following/ watching me. The H is, by far, much better than the Mavic Air for this. As you probably know, the H tracks you by linking the drone to the remote via GPS. The Mavics follow the subject optically and it almost always loses link to what you are following.

and here:

Awesome music videos!

Yes, I use my H for car video stories. Up to 45 mph and the camera perfectly frames me. All I have to do is drive. DJI products require a pilot to track the car/driver from a stationary area. The H will follow anywhere the controller goes leaving mr to concentrate on driving safely on remote roads. After the segment is down, I just hit return home and meet the H there. Simple. Here are 60 second clips of my SL 55 currently in production. Enjoy

Last edited:

and here:

and here:

Great videos! I haven't tried the follow-me-mode on my H yet but will after a few more flights.

Reactions: m5zealot

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csandoval