Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Was I too timid?

Reaction score
Here's a short(ish) video of one of yesterday evenings flight. This is the first time we've tried anything like this.

Was I not brave enough? Given that the collision avoidance doesn't work below a few meters and this point, the altitude was showing as -0.2, could I have pushed on? At 50 seconds, you can see a narrow passage between the foliage. Can the Plus force its way through that foliage? Would it have made good footage even if it can?

Note, at time of posting, YouTube had only completed 360p processing. 4K should be along soon. :)

Here's a short(ish) video of one of yesterday evenings flight. This is the first time we've tried anything like this.

Was I not brave enough? Given that the collision avoidance doesn't work below a few meters and this point, the altitude was showing as -0.2, could I have pushed on? At 50 seconds, you can see a narrow passage between the foliage. Can the Plus force its way through that foliage? Would it have made good footage even if it can?

Note, at time of posting, YouTube had only completed 360p processing. 4K should be along soon. :)

Love the vertical view of the water so clear. No the Plus nor any drone would push it's way through an foliage......that outcome would have not been pleasant.

I like to adjust the speed control to the slowest setting so any change in direction or altitude are smooth as possible.

OK thanks Rickster, no foliage pushing. :)
We were in Angle mode with the rate slider all the way down. I've been looking for places to fly along this stream as it flows through our town, and what with the wet British summer, there's plenty of water in it, but we can't find anywhere where it's clear or foliage. We flew with the landing gear down - the thinking being that if it did go in the drink, we hope most of the drone would be dry as it's only a few inches deep there.

Your drone is being kept in the air by the props grabbing the air above and throwing it below. If you would have pushed on then you would had an above water, reverse, lawn mower. Great footage and perspective of the stream though. Looks like a peaceful place when drones aren't buzzing around.

Reactions: PaulEden
OK thanks Rickster, no foliage pushing. :)
We were in Angle mode with the rate slider all the way down. I've been looking for places to fly along this stream as it flows through our town, and what with the wet British summer, there's plenty of water in it, but we can't find anywhere where it's clear or foliage. We flew with the landing gear down - the thinking being that if it did go in the drink, we hope most of the drone would be dry as it's only a few inches deep there.

I do a lot of video over water and was thinking of zip tying those pool fundernoodles to the landing gear....to keep it from sinking to the bottom in case of human error or a drone failure....yikes :)

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bj8me