Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Watch "Dean Potter Dies In Wingsuit BASE Jumping Accident In Yosemite National Park" on YouTube

So they get away with this in national parks but wine and gripe at drone operators for filming .you got to be kidding me

Reactions: Ty Pilot
So they get away with this in national parks but wine and gripe at drone operators for filming .you got to be kidding me

I have to agree with you on that one. I can’t believe they allowed him to Base jump inside a National Park, but now we have an out - disguise our flying cameras as wing suited base jumpers. If they crash, the news will report what a tragedy it was instead of going to jail for invading the privacy of park goers or compromising National Security.

Yea if them flying at 100 mph hooping and howling don't disturb the wild life those drones sure dont not to mention the trauma of having rescuers trampling through the. Woulda and helicopters disturbing. Trees and birds and any debris left behind to polite the park.

Base jumping is not allowed at Yosemite but people defy the rules with regularity. Yosemite has a great many places wing suiters and base jumpers can leap from and none of them have 24 hour guards to prevent those activities.

Although we have rules and laws the vast majority of them depend on people to voluntarily obey them, removing the need to physically enforce them. When people choose to violate a rule or law there can be natural consequences that far exceed what a court would impose. Such is often the case with thrill seekers and risk takers. Some will never learn their limitations, achieving them in a manner that prevents them from realizing they were exceeded.

The problem with this is the park are praising him for doing what he isnt supposed to be doing. Lets see them do that for all base jumpers... not going to happen.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csandoval