Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Watch Me camera view point

Reaction score
Hi folks!
Is there a way to change the camera's point of view while in WATCH Me mode? I think I tried all combinations of gimbal switches, knobs and right stick to change the camera view, but nothing worked. I was walking around with my ST-16 in hand, and I was barely in the view of the camera. You would think the one holding the ST-16 would be in the center of the screen, no?

Thanks!

Last edited:
The few times I have used it.
1) put into " watch me" mode.
2) check that you are framed.
3) Change to "Follow me" mode.

Worked pretty well but did not always have me 100% framed.

I have not tried with the ST16 but with the Wand you can put the drone where you want it to be, then switch to smart follow me and the drone will keep that position as it follows you.

Just use Watch Me. It will follow, but do a better job of keeping you in the picture.

Just use Watch Me. It will follow, but do a better job of keeping you in the picture.

My mistake. I actually did mean Watch Me. Is there any way to control the camera's view on Watch Me mode?

Last edited:
My mistake. I actually did mean Watch Me. Is there any way to control the camera's view on Watch Me mode?
I think if you are only using one controller that is not possible. But if you are using 2 controllers the second controller will take over the camera while the first will be in control of the flying\following. But that also means there will not be any auto tracking of the camera. The drone will follow\watch but the controller hooked to the camera will need to be controlled to keep subject in frame.

I think if you are only using one controller that is not possible. But if you are using 2 controllers the second controller will take over the camera while the first will be in control of the flying\following. But that also means there will not be any auto tracking of the camera. The drone will follow\watch but the controller hooked to the camera will need to be controlled to keep subject in frame.

Hmmm...That is if I was only using the Wizard, right? But I was only using the ST-16 in Watch Me mode? Since I had the ST-16 and hence, the gimbal controls, I would think that I would still be able to change the Point of View of the camera, no? Or do you mean you think I need to have two controllers either way, the Wizard and ST-16, or two ST-16s?

I will have to try it one my machine, now that I think about it. You may be able to switch the gimbal controls on the controller to allow manual control of the camera in follow me\watch me. I will test and report back.

Reactions: Ralphy
I will have to try it one my machine, now that I think about it. You may be able to switch the gimbal controls on the controller to allow manual control of the camera in follow me\watch me. I will test and report back.

That would be cool to try and get it to pan.

I ha e been able to adjust the camera in watch me mode. I used the pan knob and it would adjust so that I could center myself or ha e me toward the front or back of the image.

Reactions: Rayray
Alright, finally got a moment to give this a shot. Check out the vid. In the end it is Follow Me has full control. Watch me, has limited movement, motion is limited to keeping you in the frame. Hope that helps. Happy Flying.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csandoval