Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Waterproofing your drone/controller

I've watched that in past too, seems applicable... I've considered it, but admittedly haven't performed basically from hesitation and lack of ambition to disassemble to apply. The ESC's are a primary, and some models don't have the ESC in heat shrink or have room to fit heat shrink in the form fitted ESC section. On a hot & sunny day, I'd be a little concerned for heat inside the sealed ESC wraps. The Xhd spray on the ESC would work as they mention, just let it all dry out. I don't intend water running, so I'd think the Xhd would be best and the least insulating of heat.

Overall, looks like a nice method to protect the electronics.

Yeah it seems to good to be true

The stuff works. There’s a MilSpec product that’s very similar, and a lot more expensive, used to coat electrical boards partially exposed to weather on military UAV’s. They’ve been flown through clouds and thunder storms, usually making it back, and in corrosive, salty, marine environments on a daily basis. Some of the surfaces become quite hot from solar radiation, engine heat, and electrical current. FET’s tolerate the coating.

Note; Personally, I would not make it a practice to fly in the rain or to make a drone go swimming. The stuff is not intended to protect from total immersion. It does not work in 100% of all applications 100% of the time.

I don't think anyone is intending to use their quad or hex as a submarine. I don't think anyone is convinced by the video that it's guaranteed to protect everything 100 percent of the time. For me it's added insurance and confidence for flying over the water especially when outfitted with a "getter back".

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rrichesin