Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Waypoint mod

Reaction score
I did the waypoint mod on my H480 and would like to get some input on a couple of questions I have.

1: With the regular Typhoon H model I would get GPS lock (purple with white flashing light) before starting the motors. With the waypoint model the aircraft status light doesn't start flashing white till I've been in the air for a few minutes. Has anyone else experienced this?

2: The status light, with the mod, also glows orange now too. Is that normal?

3: Has anyone been able to get the tilt/pan to work with this mod?

Thanks
Grumpy

If by waypoint mod you mean you are operating a Typhoon H by selecting H-920 in the ST-16 you might want to read a 920 manual to see what might ail it. I doubt the answer will be there as the H is not supposed to be operated using 920 firmware. FYI, the camera firmware is completely different.

If by waypoint mod you mean you are operating a Typhoon H by selecting H-920 in the ST-16 you might want to read a 920 manual to see what might ail it. I doubt the answer will be there as the H is not supposed to be operated using 920 firmware. FYI, the camera firmware is completely different.
I used the file the Gurusonwheels posted here. It's supposed to keep the H480 model but adds the waypoint program.

Are you referring to UAVToolbox?
Nope, it's the built in Yuneec waypoint editor/programmer on the ST16 you get after importing the model profile.I tried Tuna's toolbox but, I could never see the satellite view or the street view so I'm trying the waypoint mod.

Last edited:
It takes features from the 920 programming and imports them for access into H programming. It’s my understanding that doing so inhibits gimbal control. When the import works right you can have maps and flight planning but when it doesn’t you’re on your own for anything that may happen.

I’ve never tried it but having a 920 I can see where a lot of things could go very wrong.

It takes features from the 920 programming and imports them for access into H programming. It’s my understanding that doing so inhibits gimbal control. When the import works right you can have maps and flight planning but when it doesn’t you’re on your own for anything that may happen.

I’ve never tried it but having a 920 I can see where a lot of things could go very wrong.
That's why I'm taking it one step at a time. Don't need a pile of plastic to repair. So, another question, is there anyone who has done this mod and had success with it?

Last edited:
If you can find him I would suggest starting with the guy that posted the file here. Bear in mind he was pretty well noted for taking info, not contributing any, but you might get lucky.

Personally, I would return the system to stock configuration and fly it as it was designed to be flown. In the state you have it now you are a test pilot every times it gets airborne, and whatever happens, happens. Your liability exposure is off the scale.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DHYradio