Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Weather rant

Reaction score
Day 3 of 6 days off, and it's been rainy and/or overly windy every day, all day. It was clear and calm about 10:30pm last night, but night-flying is out of the question.

Forecast says Monday might be nice. 4 days ago, it said today was going to be nice. It's not, so I'm certain Monday will suck, too. It was nice enough all last week while I was at work, but lucky me I go to work in the dark and come home in the dark. I shoulda stayed on night shift.

I bet if I sold my Q500 we'd have nothing but perfect weather.

Good grief.

Both my aircraft have only been flown once each since mid November mainly due to the weather. Currently, in the U.K. we are in the grip of particularly bad winter weather which has been named by the media as 'The Beast From The East'. I have no water in my house obviously caused by a frozen pipe somewhere. I'm not sure whether it's just my house that is effected or if my immediate neighbors are effected too...not seen any of my immediate neighbors since Tuesday! This morning I had to struggle over the the local health centre to ask if I could use their toilet!

In the scheme of things the weather we are having at the moment I suppose is pretty tame compared to what they get in other countries. We are having consistent temperatures of minus a degree or so, but it's the wind strength coupled with snow that is introducing a wind chill of minus 15c. Last night, where I live, we got winds of 90MPH which made things feel bitter cold.

Since the U.K. benefits from the warm Gulf Stream current, these conditions are unusual for this time of year. As far as I can recall, the last time I saw weather worse than this was the winter of 1962/63.

I have a couple of commercial jobs pending that I haven't been able to complete because of the weather. Fortunately my clients are being quite understanding about it, but if this carries on much longer there is a possibility that they may turn to another pilot who is less careful than me when it comes to flying in iffy weather conditions.

That's my rant over:mad:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
adanigodda