Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Weather Station

Reaction score
Hi guys, can't seem to find reliable wind, humidity, heat index and barometric pressure readings at my operating site so I've invested in a $75 (US) battery operated weather station via Amazon to put up in my yard. It's wi-fi capable so I can get the readings remotely. Self calibrating, it updates itself every 18 seconds. Gives me almost real time condition. The wind speed can be read in real time, peak speed or averaged out over a specified time period. Thought this may be something some of you guys might find interesting. Fly straight and keep them out of the ditch!!

Hi guys, can't seem to find reliable wind, humidity, heat index and barometric pressure readings at my operating site so I've invested in a $75 (US) battery operated weather station via Amazon to put up in my yard. It's wi-fi capable so I can get the readings remotely. Self calibrating, it updates itself every 18 seconds. Gives me almost real time condition. The wind speed can be read in real time, peak speed or averaged out over a specified time period. Thought this may be something some of you guys might find interesting. Fly straight and keep them out of the ditch!!

Which system did you go with? Do you feel it’s pretty accurate? Any idea how long Battery with last? With it being on your WiFi, is it online and accessible remotely when away from home?

Do you have a link to the item?

Thanks. Whats involved in setting it up? Tools?
Mounting hardware is included. I used a 1" length of galvanized rigid conduit (10ft) and mounted it. Basic tools, 8ft ladder, screwdriver, level, cordless drill, to get it mounted. I used a post hole digger (manual, not the fancy electric type) to dig the hole about 10inches deep, small container of quick set grout (2 of the 1 gallon sizes) to anchor it. Had to keep the level on it until it hardened enough to let it go. I'm sure there are several other mounting methods on U-TUBE. Good little day project when the weather is nice.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csandoval