Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

went and did it any way

that because yuneec released the h520 without releasing all the supporting items to the vendors at the same time. no h520 aircraft battery no st16s battery and most of all no propellers. and one of three support cameras.

Reactions: PatR
but I only did this because both batteries are of identical voltage and amperage specs just different battery connectors. now recharge time was over 300 min is now going to be 130 to 135 min per battery. That is much better for me to properly test this baby. So Yuneec wants us to beta test okay game on yuneec lets see what can be done.

update sorry I waited this long to let you know, oh on the st16s mod I did when changing out the battery you must detached the mod cartridge (ex main st16s battery from the back of the st16s controller due to a now duplicate battery safety circuit. the mod just removed the battery itself but not the supporting safety circuit board.

with mod did 12 more flights no problems went as planned. with 20 full flights logged. I am on hold till I get the replacement props in. props are still in mint shape just flight expired per the manual. just finishing up with a home made landing platform for the h520.

new project my current e90 camera that bit the dust broken slip ring wires. need to get part for the e90 camera. confirm that only removing the sensor board only effects the video function and nothing else on the gimbal. If that true then strip the entire camera from the current housing reconnect all wiring of parts outside to size up the new housing box (using a light weight electronic project box mounted to a gimbal connector) and use it for all calibrations minus gimbal and for updating firmware and leaving vent holes for the fan that came with the camera.

new project total success conversion of e90 to telemetry only has been done now have all reading and now can do calibrations and firmware updates with tou risking the actual camera

new project total success conversion of e90 to telemetry only has been done now have all reading and now can do calibrations and firmware updates with tou risking the actual camera

On the ST16S screen you see the image in black because there is no camera but you see the telemetry?

yes i could see the telemetry but i skrewed up and bricked the working mod. Well Atleast I know where the failure point is that cascaded fast total loss. the main power board where the slip ring must had over heated and surged out the entire mod. had i just removed the lens board and lens and disabled the motors got a new wire slip ring instead of just trying to make due with the current one and keep the existing gimbal frame and fixed it to where it would not move and not build a complete new frame by using a plain plastic electronic project box I be sitting rather well. But no I had to push it a bit to far.

how it failed was st16s saw the e90 camera but the telemetry failed to come up after pretty much rush finished mounting it into a new 2 inch by 4 inch box and then the e90 led went dark and fan motor was running but st16s would not even see the e90. and that's that I had it then lost it.

When you get it up and running and have a moment, look at some pictures would be nice ;)

i am going to need new parts to replace the fried items going to contact terrestrial imaging and see if they got a bad e90 i buy off them then get new board for the camera slip ring connection and new gimbal controller board that houses the usb connection and new ribbon wire that connects gimbal boards

well that was a major setback i knew tempting fate now h520 number 2 main board needs repair at the gimbal. must have temporary had 2 wires just briefly crossed and not know it. crap atleast i quit while a head and h520 1 can still use the e90 camera.

now I confirmed where the gimbal mainboard fuse is that can be fixed but not doing that until i get the smallest serviceable inline fuse assembly installed to protect the main board. I have enough lower gimbal parts to do that. It will lower the gimbal mount a small bit but that's the only place to put it.

fuse was blown but that not the only part required for the gimbal that got knocked out so new main board is required. It is much harder to repair that the h480 on that front. atleast I did not ruin both 520s

well I botched that board up good wrong part pulled there was a second k fuse and that was the one. well it still came in handy for repair of my primary h520 that fell out of the sky after a 90 degree flip. just transplanted the mainboard using the one on the h520 that fell from the sky after confirming that board was still good working shape. so now i down to one fully working h520 with no major backup body parts. (still got 4 good arms 2A and 2B and 2 good landing gears, gps hood, wifiboard, 2 antenna wires, 2 retract boards. on off board, sonar board) not sure i can mount a 520 board the a h480 body frame yet without modding the h480 frame yet. waiting on the h480 plus hoping atleast they will sell parts in the USA for that one and I hoping the mainboard uses the same connection for the flight controller and all I have to do is switch main fc and got my second h520 back.

Last edited:
Well I got another E90 camera back to try and repair..
The slip ring is different.....
She principle but the new one on the E90 is thinner and longer.
I tried the CGO3+ one. But it does not work. :(

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DHYradio