Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

What are the keys for?

Reaction score
Hi,

New Q500 4K owner. Just picked this up yesterday at bestbuy for 350. So far I've done all the updates and calibrations and just one low altitude flight without the camera just to get used to it. I have a breeze, which I must say is much more stable(Q seems to drift a lot when not touching controls), but I'll do all the calibrations again and see if that helps.

After putting it all together I have one question... what are the little metal keys for in the accessories box? I know what everything else does, but what are they for?

Hi,

New Q500 4K owner. Just picked this up yesterday at bestbuy for 350. So far I've done all the updates and calibrations and just one low altitude flight without the camera just to get used to it. I have a breeze, which I must say is much more stable(Q seems to drift a lot when not touching controls), but I'll do all the calibrations again and see if that helps.

After putting it all together I have one question... what are the little metal keys for in the accessories box? I know what everything else does, but what are they for?
If your discounted Q came with the Aluminum Case, then the Keys are for that. If yours just came in the Foam and Cardboard box, then the Keys would do you no good. If this is the case, chances are Best Buy sold the Aluminum Case first and didnt remove the Keys from the accessory box before they discounted the Q to you..

Two thoughts:
1. It's a refurb that used to have a case.
2. Everybody gets keys - no matter.
The choice is yours.
There's a lot of refurbs out there - some good - some not so good - Amazon is full of them.

interesting, but this was a brand new unopenned from best buy. It's in the yuneec box and no way anything else in there fits. Unless Yuneec is providing BestBuy with Refurbs as new

The aluminum case is designed so that you take all the foam stuff out of the cardboard box and drop it into the case. Dealers can apparently break up the factory bundles that include the case and sell it separately for more than Yuneec sells it directly.

Factory refurbs (warranty repairs/replacements) are put into "factory new" packaging, so it's still possible yours was a refurb, hence the discount.

There was no discount,(best buy sells for 699) I got them to match some cheap online site, but yes while I got a good deal others should definitely shop around for the bundle with the best options for them. Some have case, some have 2 batteries. This was in a Yuneec box that specifically called out what was in it so these must be coming from Yuneec in different bundles. Once thing I was surprised to find was that I had both a camera and controller sd card, since I was reading people were forgetting to add controller card.

BEWARE OF DEALER REFURBS !!!!!!

I just bought a factory refurb w/ 2 batteries and alum case for $329 + $60 extra for bat/case, making it the equiv of a RTF pkg which sells for $429 and up, and has a 1yr warranty via yuneec, a 6mo from seller.

i talked them into the pricing, as massdrop had basic for $329 last wk, i missed it, and I had to have some kind of carry case, alum or the backpack would have been fine.

it unfortunately has to cross the entire USA, fla to calif !!

good job getting BB to match price, should have thunk that too & done locally !!

local refurb RTF kit was/is on sale for $479.

my hopes are that all is working and present, really do not trust sellers, piecemeal selling of parts is profitable, but then all things Q500 are OUTDATED and not in so much demand, I would think.

GL!

Good Luck, that's why I always try to get best buy to match before buying online, especially refurbs from who knows where. I agree the q500 is old but it's hard to find a drone with these kind of camera features for that price. Had the woot deal from this week come out first I'd have bought the H pro tho, but still loving this drone. Plus its my stepping stone drone and for 350 if I crash it I won't be devastated, same reason my first drone was the breeze(which I still love).

Nice. Was surprised to see my local bestbuy restocked the q500. I had bought the last one they had and it had been there a while

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sierrarhodesss