Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

What do do in case of a flyaway using the Wizard?

Reaction score
Just wondering.

In case of GPS loss flyaway using the ST-16, it is advised to turn off GPS via the ST-16 and attempt to regain control of the H. However, when using the Wizard, there is no way to disable GPS as far as I can tell. So what happens in case of a GPS loss flyaway when using the Wizard?

Just wondering.

In case of GPS loss flyaway using the ST-16, it is advised to turn off GPS via the ST-16 and attempt to regain control of the H. However, when using the Wizard, there is no way to disable GPS as far as I can tell. So what happens in case of a GPS loss flyaway when using the Wizard?
Wave goodbye and hold a Wake with your friends. A bagpiper would be appropriate as well as some spirits.

Can you not control the H with the Wizard without GPS?

Can you not control the H with the Wizard without GPS?

Probably, but he was asking about a flyaway. I've never heard of one while using the Wizard.

Can you? How? Even if it is in Angle mode, isnt GPS still active? It is with the ST-16, isnt it? If I am wrong, why would you HAVE to turn off GPS on the ST-16 if the H looses GPS signal? Ive never heard of a GPS Flyaway using the Wizard either, but if it is possible with the ST-16, why not possible with the Wizard? Or am I missing something like are GPS flyaways only possible during CCC missions? Meh....maybe it was a silly question.

Not silly at all, a good question I think. I certainly don't know the answer but suspect Steve is correct.

It's one of those area's where we simply have to speculate what might happen because I've never seen any posts or information regarding this topic. If the H has a GPS fault I think your only hope is to use RTH with the Wizard and hope the H recovers and flies back. Flyaways are rare and use of the wizard is sporadic. Having both at the same time would be extraordinary.

Might it be because people don't want to appear spastic waving their arms all over the place flying a multirotor? Gets me to thinking about that kid running out of the forest, yelling and waving his arms all about in the Robin Hood, Men in Tights movie:)

I did some excercises with the wizard and found it works rather well. Tried it on two consecutive days so four batteries (I did not own more batteries at the time) in open terrain with almost no wind...

I must say it needs some adoption but halfway the second battery I was quite confident already. The second day I even managed to fly it for a while without looking into the manual to see which buttons to push in what order for choosing another flying-mode.
Waving is not nescessary, small wrist movements are sufficient to tilt the wizard.

Did not use it after that, because I use my H as camera-platform.

Just wondering.

Mabybe a way is to ask the yuneec support, what to do. A flyaway can be a dangerous thing.

Mabybe a way is to ask the yuneec support, what to do. A flyaway can be a dangerous thing.

Isn't that what these forums are for? It was more of hypothetical question and if Yuneec had to respond to every question/comment that has been discussed on here, they probably wouldn't have time for anything else . Besides, I did send them a question I had about something else and they never responded.

Wave goodbye and hold a Wake with your friends. A bagpiper would be appropriate as well as some spirits.
That's a good one Steve. I'm enjoying my new 'used' H and
am going to do the mod on the craft with the two external antennas. I have better antennas on the ST16 and it makes
a very good difference. Keep up the good work with the others on the sight. Great Help.
Best of Safety Flights to U.
EdK/hiflyer1

Reactions: Steve Carr
Isn't that what these forums are for? It was more of hypothetical question and if Yuneec had to respond to every question/comment that has been discussed on here, they probably wouldn't have time for anything else . Besides, I did send them a question I had about something else and they never responded.

It's a good question. So it should be in the documentation of yuneec, but it isn't.
I think you can't do nothing and say goodbye.
Once the wizzard had no battery anymore, my typhoon returned to the last point where it had a connection. But this is no flyaway.

Just wondering.

I had a fly away using the wizard, at a hover only 20 ft in front of me @ 15ft high. Started to drift left trying to correct it back in front of me she gained altitude & speed & we havent seen her since. With wizard she should have reached the fence & hovered in place till instructions to RTH. I will never trust that controller or fly with it again

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
trepox