Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

What do I do with defunct Breeze wifi drone?

Reaction score
As disability, I'm not pro-drone flier. I got excited to test drive my first drone. It works first time. My drone started to hovering and move back and back. I looked down the screen. I was unable to find emergnecy landing on ios iphone. My drone crash on the wall and chipped the blade. I'm unable to return it, get replacement, and repair Breeze Drone. I have 1 year warranty paper. It says all shipping and repair included. But I checked the website it say it must be uncrashable drone. I'm unable to get refund from local store. They told me -- the chipped blades are not returnable.

i went home. I turn back on. Red flashing. I download orginal firmware on this helpful forum. It only works few tries and got green flash. After upgrading from IOS device -- show reboot your drone. When I turn back on. it flashes red light. Many attempts. Not sucessful. I wasted my hard working under two hunderd dollar for breeze drone. I'm suprized I have mini UDI drone -- able to connect without a problem. I feel scammed, cheated, and wasted money buying expensive drone that don't operates well.

I heard Intel invested $60 million dollars on Yuncee Drone. Yuncee demostrated the killer app prototype drone called Breeze 4k. So, I got it. This is what it come out. Red flashing with hundreds of tries. Trying to beat red light. I give up.

So, I do with breeze? Should I wait for third party developers to fix the problem?
Or .... Throw away live with greed, lie, cheat, steal. It's Piece of Expensive Junk.

Last edited:
Reactions: Marcopolo
When you had your crash, were you flying indoors or outdoors?

Was GPS enabled or disabled?

What kind of damage did the Breeze sustain as a result of the crash?

Which iOS device were you using to control the Breeze?

What Task mode were you flying in when the crash occurred?

Intel invested in Yuneec’s aircraft capable of carrying the RealSense module, not the Breeze.

The Breeze is a low budget selfie drone with GPS stabilization and an indoor positioning system, but no obstacle avoidance. As with any flying system, an investment in learning how it works before taking it for a flight is essential. The time to find how to control and land the craft is not after you have it airborne, but before you takeoff. The good thing about the Breeze is that those instructions are on the Help screens ( use the ? ) in each Task mode. The first time you use any of those modes you have to swipe through all of the Help screens before you are able to takeoff.

So to try and get you to the point where you can regain connectivity with the Breeze, I’ll need some information to know how to proceed.

1. Make and model of phone being used.
2. Country you are in (determined firmware to be used).
3. Type of PC and operating system you use.

Hopefully we can get you up and flying again.

Wow - imagine taking to the air with an aircraft you barely understand, and don't even know the essential safety functions for ! The time to be finding out where the land button is located is very much not after take-off ! :rolleyes:

Ok, so it worked, you crashed it, now it doesn't. So now I think your best bet (at least if nobody here can find a quick answer) might be to send the unit back to Yuneec, who will look at its flight logs, decide if it's your fault, and if it is, charge you to repair it... however if they find a technical fault that caused the crash then it WILL be covered by warranty and they will fix it for you free. It is not unknown for Yuneec to fix it for free even if it is your fault, but you shouldn't expect that; it will be down to their discretion.

Hope you get it back, and use the time while you are waiting to utterly familiarise yourself with the craft, the manual, all the 'first flight' videos for it on YouTube, and ALL its controls BEFORE you take to the air again ! Happy, safe flying ! :)

Last edited:
When you had your crash, were you flying indoors or outdoors?
Outdoor house. Brick wall.

Was GPS enabled or disabled?
First, it works when I opened it. upgrade it. still have trouble connecting wifi.
Wait while and got green lights. I remember I saw it had GPS. But on firmware
No. it's gray I can't used any of the mode. Seflie , orbit, journey, followme.
Pilot mode and Control turn on.

What kind of damage did the Breeze sustain as a result of the crash?
I remember. it hover and moved back little bit. unsteady. There was no win.
I was looking for emergency land on IOS. I couldn't find it. (only parrot done had those up and down button) The drone crash on wall and chipped the blade. not serious.
Beep. motor stall or red exclamation mark. I can't find
button turn off annoying beep. i pulled out battery.

Which iOS device were you using to control the Breeze?
The latest update. iphone 7.

What Task mode were you flying in when the crash occurred?
Follow me. it did not focus the move or follow color of my cloths.
It ignore me. It do not focus facial recongition it was flying too low.
So I pick my body and leg. it do not pick up.

1. Make and model of phone being used.
Iphone 7.

2. Country you are in (determined firmware to be used).
US. firmware.bin. it would be U.S address.

3. Type of PC and operating system you use.
imac. I tried to delete image and secretly store .trash invisible folder without asking me premission.
I had to use imac disk utility to format it in dos and masterboot record.
AFter replace another new battery. it won't boot keeps getting red light flashing.
Still get red light.

I plug in USB. This is what I see. Empty folder.
i copied and paste the old working drone files.

The folder I see is:
.fseventsd
+ .fseventsd-uuid
DCIM
+100MEDIA
MISC
+upgrade
++upgradeinfo

After putting firmware.bin. I see purple light. upgrading. it means Good. Boot it. I get red light flashing. turn on/ turn off. Many tries. Sometimes green light.

The firmware verison.. I was able to see video stream. But it tells me to install update.
After installing. many attempt to connect it. I got in. Second update won't update.
it show me error.

Attachments

• IMG_1662.PNG
    IMG_1662.PNG
    213.9 KB · Views: 21
Last edited:
I had to use imac disk utility to format it in dos and masterboot record.
AFter replace another new battery. it won't boot keeps getting red light flashing.
Still get red light.

I plug in USB. This is what I see. Empty folder.
i copied and paste the old working drone files.

The folder I see is:
.fseventsd
+ .fseventsd-uuid
DCIM
+100MEDIA
MISC
+upgrade
++upgradeinfo

Did you use the iMac disc utility to format the internal SD memory of the Breeze?

That was not a good thing to do. Don’t know what gave you the idea to do such a thing.

Your best bet at this point would be to try loading the uncompressed firmware.bin following the instructions that were included in that folder on my Google Drive. If you get the Breeze working with it, leave your phone in Airplane Mode, enable WiFi, connect to the Breeze, open Breeze Cam, open Tasks and see if you are getting telemetry to the Status icons along the top.

"Don’t know what gave you the idea to do such a thing.". Trying to delete images I've taken. it moves to hidden Trashbin folder.
it's shouldn't be there if anyone tries to return and ship 1year warranty to china. They will look at the image, facial images, GPS, etc.

Source:
Drone Maker D.J.I. May Be Sending Data to China, U.S. Officials Say
Homeland Security claims DJI drones are spying for China

Anyways. I don't know what to do with unworking drone sitting my desk. I have same issue like this.

Photo attached. The store say you crashed the drone. The drone not refundable.

Attachments

• IMG_1664.jpg
    IMG_1664.jpg
    8.4 KB · Views: 11
At this point, if loading the uncompressed firmware.bin doesn’t restore WiFi connectivity, about all you can do is contact Yuneec Customer Support.

The method to format the Breeze’s internal memory is through the Camera Settings menu in Breeze Cam. The third and final page has the format utility to erase the memory.

If you had read the manual for the Breeze you would have known that. You are the second person I know of that used the PC to format the memory in the Breeze. The first bricked his, realized he messed up, and bought another(lesson learned). Don’t blame Yuneec for bricking yours, neither Yuneec nor anyone on this forum recommended using your PC to format the Breeze memory.

Yuneec is not DJI, so there is no comparison to be made. I have had my Breeze hooked to both a Windows 7 and Windows 10 PC as well as a Linux PC and there is no hidden folder on the Breeze.

I hope you are able to resolve your issues with the Breeze, but short of replacing the board with memory/ WiFi that is not very likely.

I think I fixed the drone by watching this movie clip. Apollo 13.

"Failure is not an option"
here how I fix it... I copied the orginal upgradeinfo 104 bytes on my hard drive.
I installed firmware.bin on drone. Upgrade on IOS. it tells me reboot it.

But..... I plug back the USB
overwrite firmware upgradeinfo and replace upgradeinfo 104 bytes.
closed my eye. I turned on. Greenlight. it worked. Wow. I took risk to fix it.
Second boot. wow.

Thanks.

Glad you got it going.

Some of the files you mention sound as if they are in the file structure for Breeze Cam, not the Breeze itself.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
yatharthhospital