Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

What do most people do with their drones?

MDR

Reaction score
Ok, besides the obvious, fly them. I'm a new drone owner and the reason I bought a Breeze is that I wanted to take vacation photos from vantage points never available to me before.

I see so many Typhoon owners here. If I'm able to develop my skills to pilot a Typhoon down the road, I'd want to own a Typhoon too. I am curious to know if most Typhoon owners are using it as a hobby or for business? If for business, what type of business do you primarily video for?

For most of my life I've been so busy working and making a living that I feel I've had no time to explore hobbies. I believe now that I'm older and wiser, I'm finally finding some hobbies I really enjoy.

pleasure / new hobby want to get some great pic/ videos from a different perspective and i really want to capture some of the great sunsets / sunrise i have seen some ppl mange to get on here

Mine has been mostly for the pleasure. But I use it sometimes for business purposes. In the future I hope i'll be using it purely for work. It's a great drone to be flying, I love it ! I know a lot of people are using the Typhoon H's for a lot of different kinds of work. SAR, Mapping (H520) inspections, photography and data collections.
. I am curious to know if most Typhoon owners are using it as a hobby or for business? If for business, what type of business do you primarily video for?

As a tool.
A very well known photographer in Hawaii, He's a drone pilot, but doesn't advertise as one. He advertises and a Media photographer. The drone he says is just another tool in the box to get the job done.

Reactions: Ty Pilot
Pure hobby use. A little bit of stunt flying with modified 350QX models, and some “pylon” racing around the trees in the back yard. These activities lead to most of the main part of the hobby, DRONE REPAIR.

The hobby does have another feature that surprisingly, became a long term interest. Aerial lawn surveillance. I’ve been trying to grow grass on this piece of sand-infested, 100 year cotton patch for 20 years. Couple years ago, I took some aerial shots to evaluate what I was doing at the time. That evolved into a daily routine of flying a specific route, and taking a series of four shots from the same spots each day. It has become a way of monitoring the effects of what I do to the yard, and the effects of what nature does to it. In other words, having a drone takes “watching the grass grow” to a whole new level. (actually, two new levels. 120ft and 200 ft.). If “Watching the Grass Grow” ever becomes an Olympic event, I plan on being a contender for the Gold.

Last edited:
[QUOTE. If “Watching the Grass Grow” ever becomes an Olympic event, I plan on being a contender for the Gold.[/QUOTE]

Gotta love this guy!

Initially I was going to document British castles. Then it became abundantly clear that there were no castles that want to let me overfly them, so now I document the British countryside instead :)

I love the built in 360 feature of the 480 and the redundancy of the 6 blades.

A very well known photographer in Hawaii, He's a drone pilot, but doesn't advertise as one. He advertises and a Media photographer. The drone he says is just another tool in the box to get the job done.
Was he the fellow that caught the image of the DJI drone flying where it shouldn't be, near the lava?

We use our sUAS for pleasure, for SAR, Emergency Services, Training, Commercial Construction Progression Tracking, Real Estate, Roof Inspections, and for various local events and weddings. We fly something almost every day of the year (weather permitting).

The Drone/sUAS is a great addition to an existing photographers inventory but it's very difficult to build a business around this one tool. If you're very good at what you do or you're very diversified and able to create business around every turn and corner you might be able to squeak out a living but NICHES make RICHES.

I've always loved seeing drone footage on YouTube. I decided I wanted a drone to take along on my trips to film resorts and vacations I take. (I'm a Travel Agent)
A month later, I've got two drones, an FCC Remote Pilot rating and a new obsession.

I live in Suwannee County Florida, just off the banks of the glorious Suwannee River... And area that was once home to an insane amount of Native Americans... As such there is an equally insane amount of Native American artifacts as well as prehistoric fossils, Civil War relics etc and so forth. I'm a relic hunter and history fanatic. I use my Breeze and my Ryze Tello to scout out new locations such as freshly plowed farmland, newly logged areas, and also to do surveillance on museums and the homes of private collectors in an attempt to penetrate whatever security measures are in place so as to liberate items in their collections and make them mine.

PS I'm just kidding on that last one

Was he the fellow that caught the image of the DJI drone flying where it shouldn't be, near the lava?
I don't think so. He doesn't use his drone for anything other than his work as far as I know. I know he's a very respectable man and isn't a trouble maker like a lot of people with drones on youtube.

Pure hobby use. A little bit of stunt flying with modified 350QX models, and some “pylon” racing around the trees in the back yard. These activities lead to most of the main part of the hobby, DRONE REPAIR.

Same here. Hey, we are twins. My twin brother died during the birth my parents told me. Maybe this was not the truth?
350QX3Alu40.JPG

My 350QX has a transceiver from Q500 just to record telemetry data on the ST10+. IT's fun to see that the Blade sends the same information as the other legacy Yuneec copters. Flight Mode numbers are different, but the rest can be used.
Using 350QX as fun"racer" I like Spectrum DX4 better.

br HE

Last edited:
Reactions: BigAl07
Same here. Hey, we are twins. My twin brother died during the birth my parents told me. Maybe this was not the truth?
View attachment 12914

My 350QX has a transceiver from Q500 just to record telemetry data on the ST10+. IT's fun to see that the Blade sends the same information as the other legacy Yuneec copters. Flight Mode numbers are different, but the rest can be used.
Using 350QX as fun"racer" I like Spectrum DX4 better.

br HE
So, @h-elsner, is this the way you transport your drone, and once you get on site you put it together and fly?;)
I have cousins and aunts that live in Karlsrue. My mom calls here sister there every week. Yep I use to live in Deutschland.
I forgot how to spell in german, now can only speak a little German.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sierrarhodesss