Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

What Frequency is the Typhoon H "Controller Signal"?

Reaction score
Hi,

If the video signal is 5.8ghz, is there a 2.4ghz controller signal?

If so where does it transmit from? so I can boost the signal.

Thanks -Nate

The RC (radio control) comes from the Zigbee transceiver at 2.4GHz and is transmitted/received on the whip antenna. It is not a WiFi connection.

I'll check out the 4hawks. I can put a 5 watt booster on my 2.4ghz...also if I'm inside my house I can pipe the signal outside. I like to fly from inside and have my video on the big screen.

• Haha
Reactions: Mike Irish
Fly from inside your house you do know u personally need to be able to see your drone in line of sight how can you do that from in the house are you in the UK am in Glasgow
I'll check out the 4hawks. I can put a 5 watt booster on my 2.4ghz...also if I'm inside my house I can pipe the signal outside. I like to fly from inside and have my video on the big screen.

• Love
Hey, I'm in the USA but I live in the middle of nowhere. I just fly around the forest wilderness. No people. Just bears.

Ok we'll try a 4hawks extender on your ST16 does the job not sure how you would make that work from in the house tho

To do a real amplification you should use a proper antenna and power amplifier. Better results you'll get if you amplify the signal on both sides. This is just IC and you should have some electronic skills to do something reasonable.

To watch on a big screen you can use HDMI output from the ST16. Tested and works. If you can accept a nonperfection, to be outside but someone still will watch your screen inside the house, you can buy a TX-5D HDMI/AV FPV transmitter. Tested and works too. You can add 2 watts JMT power amplifier. You can use a more sensitive antenna for your 5.8G FPV receiver.

All this chain is tested by me and works without any troubles. The idea is to give look to the main screen to everyone but to avoid messing in my hands until the piloting process. This is very useful if you do some job, ordered by someone, but this someone doesn't know exactly where to fly and what to watch. I'm giving him a 5G TV set to watch size receiver, and he/she talks to me about what to do.

P.S. If you talk with the Skqyworks and got a price, let us know it too, please.

The decimal point is a decimal point or a thousand delimiter? I think is not so expensive if the price is around the dollar, but I'm not sure.

Ups, understood.

And the last opinion. Better, if you'll use the amplifier like this one, to use separated antennas for TX and RX.

Cool. Getting your antenna outside is as easy as screwing an RP-SMA 20 foot cable in on the ST16 where your antenna goes, then putting your antenna on the other end. I have a 5.8ghz "Pannel" antenna and 2.4ghz high gain antennas as well. Also I can spin the antenna from inside to point it at my aircraft (east, west, etc). I have been doing this stuff since the Phantom 2 came out. Someone is trading me a Typhoon H for an air compressor, so I'm just waiting for my first one. I actually use 5 watt and 8 watt signal boosters. They are bigger than the 2 watt ones.

It has HDMI out? BONUS!!!!!

Here's some pics on some of my gear. -Nate

Attachments

• 20201213_003233.jpg
    20201213_003233.jpg
    995.3 KB · Views: 14
  • 20201213_003327.jpg
    20201213_003327.jpg
    1,022.9 KB · Views: 13
  • 20201213_003148.jpg
    20201213_003148.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 14
To do a real amplification you should use a proper antenna and power amplifier. Better results you'll get if you amplify the signal on both sides.

Does that mean an amplifier on my ST-16, then the RP-SMA cable, then another amplifier at the end and then my antenna? Is that the both sides?

or do you mean hop up the power on my video TX on the drone?

I have 2000mw video TX and tiny 1-2 watt amplifies that can go in the air.

Because I see, the topic is interesting for the people, but on the Internet, the appropriate collected information is missing, I'll upload some datasheets, which can provoke positive ideas.

SR24_PCB_TOP.jpg

The content of the transceiver is as follows:
- CC2530 - ZigBee transceiver IC;
- CC2592 - 2.4 GHz output power amplifier and low noise input amplifier IC;
- AS179 - RF switch IC;

The rest components on the PCB are not interesting for this task.

In the attached files you can see datasheets for these components, as well as an application note from the TI.

For now, I didn't give any suggestions on how to improve performance. Discussion and proposal are welcome.

Attachments

• cc2530.pdf
    462.8 KB · Views: 2
  • cc2592.pdf
    954.3 KB · Views: 2
  • swra465a.pdf
    555.9 KB · Views: 1
  • AS179_92LF_200176H.pdf
    664.7 KB · Views: 1
Does that mean an amplifier on my ST-16, then the RP-SMA cable, then another amplifier at the end and then my antenna? Is that the both sides?

or do you mean hop up the power on my video TX on the drone?

I have 2000mw video TX and tiny 1-2 watt amplifies that can go in the air.
Exactly I didn't say the solution is so simple.

The first step for you should be to utilize the HDMI port.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DHYradio