Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

What is causing BRAND NEW H's video to freeze up, normal, freeze up and normal

Reaction score
Originally, had problem flying in smart mode until I figured out I was to close to the H. Once I got up it up and flying, no more than 50 meters away at about 15 meters in height, the video began freezing up and ended up having to fly it by line of sight or ATTI mode. Which I am good at. But the video freezing is a serious problem and need help and suggestions as to causes and possible remedies. Appreciate your help and thanks in advance for any help you are able to give.

Originally, had problem flying in smart mode until I figured out I was to close to the H. Once I got up it up and flying, no more than 50 meters away at about 15 meters in height, the video began freezing up and ended up having to fly it by line of sight or ATTI mode. Which I am good at. But the video freezing is a serious problem and need help and suggestions as to causes and possible remedies. Appreciate your help and thanks in advance for any help you are able to give.
It is important to check the antenna to make sure they are fastened all the way on the ST16. Also, make sure that the antenna are facing the direction that the H is. Locate the antenna on the H and make sure they are attached to the H underneath the stickers. Be aware of any trees or other obstructions that could interfere with the signal. Avoid areas with high iron content and high voltage lines/towers.

Have you tested the signal in an open field away from the world?

Murray

its it an "H" or "H PRO" ?

Hi Arkansas,
Firstly , no DJI SPEAK (atti mode ) it is Angle mode, no just joking . As Murray said it is important to establish if your freeze is happening in open space or interference from something that is around where you are flying. Next MOST IMPORTANT THING TO REMEMBER IS , St16 with two antennas 1 is straight and this is the 2.4 ghz for control of the H and the mushroom or flat top is the 5.8 ghz for your wifi to the St16 and camera. Now if you have a St16 with 3 antennas the middle is either the mushroom type or the flat one, the other 2 are stick ones and there 2.4ghz(as before ) . The most important thing is the mushroom one is omni directional ,meaning that the radio waves go out in a direction from the sides, the flat one is a patch or directional antenna and the flat part at the top should be facing the H all the time if possible for good reception and it is IMPORTANT THAT ALL THE ANTENNA BASES BE DONE UP TIGHT , TO THE ST16 NOT LOOSE OR FLOPPY. Also the stick antennas should be standing up straight as well as the radio signal is transmitted from the sides in a circular wave motion. There are optional kits Itelite and Hawks but I have found that during my use of these there is not much of a gain for my jobs ( roof inspections and buildings ) . I hope that this helps you with your problem and gives you an insight as to how all this works , why you have two antennas or three . And the three leaf shamrock antenna for the camera is positioned at the front and has a tendency that when the camera is facing away from the St16 that you can have a little bit of freeze also. Go out and have fun flying. Johnno Hennessy.
Keep flying on the green side of the grass.

Thanks John for your response. Has Real Sense and very much aware of the antenne. Learned awhile back not to point the antenna ends directly at my drones as it greatly reduced the transmission signal for the DJI controllers, prefer the mushroom myself. I have not flown it since the video froze up so will do another diagnostic on the antenne situation give it another try. My flights were at an RC park, so no problem with trees or buildings interfering, so that is why I got real concerned about the video freezing up.

Arkansas Pilot,
Looks like you have something that is not quite correct. The problem is finding it and then fixing, you sound as though you have plenty of experience so the antennas are on tight. maybe the antenna in the front of the camera is not tight at the connection. there are some videos showing how to remove the front cover of the camera and the shamrock 3 leaf is in the front. The videos are about how to change the camera lens and show the procedure. That is the way that the camera wifi is feed to the St16 if no better reception it is either the camera or St 16. Do you have any friends or members at the RC park that has another H, so that you could swap the cameras or the St 16 or both, and see if there are a difference and eliminate either one? Sometimes the little BRASS Prongs at the camera and H connection points get a little dirty and need cleaning and also lose a bit of tension and need gently VERY GENTLY PRYING UP TO MAKE GOOD CONTACT. After that I am all out of thoughts and may be the only solution is to call Customer Service at Yuneec. Hopefully, you get it working and get out flying and having fun.
Johnno Hennessy.
Keep flying on the green side of the grass.

Will have to check out the Antenna on the camera as I was not really aware that there was one there. Believe me, I learned the hard way, which meant crashing my P2 HD-3D several times, having to replace things and all that. That experience taught me the importance of Satellites in GPS Mode, but not to depend on GPS totally, to take it slow and easy to start with, with any Drone/Quad, otherwise I would just end up making more flying mistakes. So when the H Pro began freezing up, I knew that I had better just take it slow and easy. That is why I am a firm believer that all Drone pilots should be able to fly by line of sight and not depend on a video feed from their drone. While they are trying to figure out what is going on, their Drone could be doing a fly away. Always practice flying by LOS before flying with a video feed. This is what happened with my H Pro when the video froze up, it was still flying down the RC Field and I immediately let go of the sticks once I realized that the video was frozen in time. I therefore flew it back and landed and decided to eventually get some insight from others. I am the first and only Quad pilot at my RC field and to start with and it took a year before other's began buying and flying them. They were all hardcore plane pilots, so getting help from them with my H Pro was a joke.. Simply put, they either did not have the money or were scared to crash. Regardless, I was treated like a ******* child of the RC club.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csandoval