Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

What is the difference

Reaction score
Good morning all

what is the difference between Typhoon H plus and Tyhoon H3.

is it just the camera, and as Yunnec will want to promote the H3, the H plus will be discounted, so will it be worth paying more for the H3 or less for the H plus

That info is listed on Yuneecs web site. or here.

I'll wait to see if they put a door on the battery compartment or at least have some visible indicator the battery is firmly seated. Maybe my H+ will be back from repairs from a dropped battery before I find out.

None of the H designs have any need of a door or latch indicator. Why add cost and complexity when all that’s needed is for the owner to pay attention to what they are doing? Pretty much the only reason so many have had a battery separate from the aircraft was because the owner failed to pay attention when setting up the aircraft. It’s just not possible to make stuff fool proof.

Reactions: NorWiscPilot
None of the H designs have any need of a door or latch indicator. Why add cost and complexity when all that’s needed is for the owner to pay attention to what they are doing? Pretty much the only reason so many have had a battery separate from the aircraft was because the owner failed to pay attention when setting up the aircraft. It’s just not possible to make stuff fool proof.

I tend to disagree that the H+ doesn't need a door or latch indicator. Maybe you haven't dropped a battery while in flight. I have a Q500+ which uses a door and have never had a problem the a battery falling out. My H+ is at KAV right now for repairs because of that design flaw. Spending an extra 5 to 50 dollars for a fix should be heck of a lot cheaper than repairing a 2K$ drone. The automakers put in airbags to protect automobile passengers because there was a need. Yuneec needs to fix their flaw.

I tend to disagree that the H+ doesn't need a door or latch indicator. Maybe you haven't dropped a battery while in flight. I have a Q500+ which uses a door and have never had a problem the a battery falling out. My H+ is at KAV right now for repairs because of that design flaw. Spending an extra 5 to 50 dollars for a fix should be heck of a lot cheaper than repairing a 2K$ drone. The automakers put in airbags to protect automobile passengers because there was a need. Yuneec needs to fix their flaw.
Cheap solution.

Attachments

• Gaffer3in-large.jpg
    Gaffer3in-large.jpg
    59 KB · Views: 26
Reactions: Thecloth and PatR
Yep, a version of that is what I use when testing longer batteries.

After flying a pair of H’s over 3 years, a Chroma for a year and a half before that, and a slew of other drones that used a velcro strap to hold the batteries on a flat plate I’ve only once had a battery come loose. That one was an 18,000mA 6s battery sitting on a flat plate where I forgot to conch the Velcro strap. As the battery was sitting on an $11,000.00 drone I never made that mistake again.

Point is, the failure was mine, not the design, not a latch, and not for lack of a door. I failed to verify the battery installation. We should not look for someone or something else to blame when the failure was ours to begin with.

and.... there's nothing wrong with a manufacturer doing something to "fool proof" the aircraft thus reducing the chance of the problem.

Reactions: Thecloth
Cheap solution.

You're absolutely right. I will be using it on my bird if I ever get it back. I've calls and email into KAV and haven't received a response in the last 24 hours. Someone mentioned something about KAV closing shop but the post disappeared.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jesster0430