Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

What is the Mantis Q?

Reaction score
I am posting this only out of interest of those wondering what the Mantis Q is.
Capt Drone. Does a pretty good job of showing off some, (not all) of the drones features.
Mantis Q

Hmmm? It's ok for beginners.

Hey!

I take offense at that comment, sir!

Ok, I may not be the "years and years and years of experience" guy, but...

I picked up the Mantis because,:
1) heading to the Rockies (U.S.) next month,
2) wanted to take an H, but not wanting to check as baggage, let alone didn't really want that much gear (and I would have wanted to take everything!)
3) wanted something to tuck away in a carry-on camera bag (airline flight),
4) could not see investing in a some other company since I am perfectly fine with Yuneec.

So far, I am having fun with the Mantis, not concerned about pleasing anyone else, and will give it some tests in a few weeks!

Jeff

Reactions: mikepstock
I have to admit, for a whip it out and take some pictures, it looks promising.
Still abit expensive for my taste. But then I have a trailer full of RC planes. Will keep and eye on this one.
To bad you can't use the st-16 with it.

Reactions: Stefano Zanandrea
Hey!

I take offense at that comment, sir!

Ok, I may not be the "years and years and years of experience" guy, but...

I picked up the Mantis because,:
1) heading to the Rockies (U.S.) next month,
2) wanted to take an H, but not wanting to check as baggage, let alone didn't really want that much gear (and I would have wanted to take everything!)
3) wanted something to tuck away in a carry-on camera bag (airline flight),
4) could not see investing in a some other company since I am perfectly fine with Yuneec.

So far, I am having fun with the Mantis, not concerned about pleasing anyone else, and will give it some tests in a few weeks!

Jeff
@NorWiscPilot
LOL! I thought I would get a reaction. ;)

Reactions: NorWiscPilot
I have to admit, for a whip it out and take some pictures, it looks promising.
Still abit expensive for my taste. But then I have a trailer full of RC planes. Will keep and eye on this one.
To bad you can't use the st-16 with it.

While I am not keen on using my own device as an add-on, I do acknowledge the smaller controller makes sense for the compact size of the overall kit.

The one thing I notice is, after using the ST16 platform for so long, it seems my hands and arms want to cramp up after using the much smaller controller for awhile. I'll get used to it.

The other thing is, if it is just a "need for speed", I don't need to connect the phone other than if I want to confirm satellite counts. I can just cruise around without any thought of pictures or what not.

:)

Jeff

Reactions: Rmack
I own a Mantis....It's not a videophiles drone. It is however, in my humble opinion a sports drone that offers video. That being said, its a **** fine FAST responsive little drone with live feed heads up display and sitting still offers very fine photos as well. This thing cooks along between 45-50 mph and thats from my own experience. This is one fast freaking drone. Also I only paid $450 US compare that to $700-Anafi $800 DJI Mavic Air $999 Autel Evo. This is a great product at its current price point.

Hallo zusammen
ich habe seit November den Mantis q
Das ist ein sehr gute Koppter
Flugeigenschaften und Flugzeiten (23 min + 25% Rest) sind optimal
Fotos und Videos im Stand mit kreisen ist auch zufriedenstellend
Die Mantis hat nur einen Nachteil und das ist der fehlende 3-Achsengimbal
Das nervt mich zzt doch sehr
Darum will ich im Sommer mal nach DJI schauen
Es sei denn das Yuneec bis dahin war auf dem Markt wirft
Und wenn der Support hier besser wird

ich habe irre viel Spaß mit meiner Mantis q
Das wünsche ich euch auch