Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

What Model Typhoon H is this?

Reaction score
New to Yuneec Pilots.
Wanting to buy a used Yuneec Typhoon H. However the picture of the drone the seller is showing has a 'yellow' body?
Most of the pics I have seen of the Typhoon H show a black color.
Does Yuneec make a model of Typhoon H is a yellow body?
Want to make sure I am buying the right model. Thanks.1549815719797.png

Last edited:
That is a standard Typhoon H that appears to have a painted outer shell as Yuneec has only released Dark Grey shells for the Standard and Pro versions of the Typhoon H, and a Dark Silver Shell for the Typhoon H Plus, and an Orange shell for the Typhoon 520.

Standard Typhoon H's can be distinguished by the camera - they all use a CG03+ and the ST-16 has a metal handle on the back.

The Typhoon H Plus and 520 use a ST-16s with a plastic handle on the back as well as a slight change to the shape of the back of the transmitter.

That is a standard Typhoon H that appears to have a painted outer shell as Yuneec has only released Dark Grey shells for the Standard and Pro versions of the Typhoon H, and a Dark Silver Shell for the Typhoon H Plus, and an Orange shell for the Typhoon 520.

Standard Typhoon H's can be distinguished by the camera - they all use a CG03+ and the ST-16 has a metal handle on the back.

The Typhoon H Plus and 520 use a ST-16s with a plastic handle on the back as well as a slight change to the shape of the back of the transmitter.

Thanks Ty Pilot.

Reactions: Ty Pilot
What’s the price and what is included?

New to Yuneec Pilots.
Wanting to buy a used Yuneec Typhoon H. However the picture of the drone the seller is showing has a 'yellow' body?
Want to make sure I am buying the right model. Thanks.View attachment 14396
You should have him give you new video and jepg/DNC, before purchase. I now know of several folks who bought an H and now are having issues with the camera.
Why is he selling it?
How many hours, any incidents?
How as been taking care of the battery? At what voltage does he store"
I wouldn't pay more than $500.00, And that's if all is working properly?
Ask him if he has a log book of his flights?
What is are those sticks with blue and yellow tips???

You should have him give you new video and jepg/DNC, before purchase. I now know of several folks who bought an H and now are having issues with the camera.
Why is he selling it?
How many hours, any incidents?
How as been taking care of the battery? At what voltage does he store"
I wouldn't pay more than $500.00, And that's if all is working properly?
Ask him if he has a log book of his flights?
What is are those sticks with blue and yellow tips???

In addition to this list from AH-1G, I noticed the ST-16 appears to be the 3 external antenna version and the right connector has no antenna. If the ST-16 has been powered on with the antenna not installed it can damage that circuit. You definitely need more info!

Reactions: AH-1G
+1 on the premise that this is primarily a flying camera, you should be able to get DNGs and 4K video to assess that camera. Harsh sounding or not, if you judge the camera on JPGs only, you are not performing due diligence and deserve what you get.

Also what is that on the props? Tape for balancing?

IMHO, tell him to not bother with the props, and just get a new complete A & B set. Depending on battery history, just get new batteries as well.

Paint, I have two blades I applied white finger nail polish. No issues with balance, lucky me!
Yes do get new props.
Red polish looks better on my toes!o_O:rolleyes:;)

Prop;
I think it's the angle of the photograph in reference to a light fixture above.?

Last edited:
Taking a second better look, the only antenna I see is the 5.8 GHz patch antenna in the center. Neither 2.4 Omni antennas are attached to the Controller.

Taking a second better look, the only antenna I see is the 5.8 GHz patch antenna in the center. Neither 2.4 Omni antennas are attached to the Controller.
I did see that, so I'm wondering if those yellow and blue sticks are fabricated antennas?
If so RUN!

Reactions: biltno
I did see that, so I'm wondering if those yellow and blue sticks are fabricated antennas?
If so RUN!

They look like carbon fiber rods to build new landing gear to me. I’ve seen many posts in other forums about rebuilding broken landing gear with it.

Those are really long struts, if he use the current skids, I'm afraid it would be top heavy?

Those are really long struts, if he use the current skids, I'm afraid it would be top heavy?

They cut them to the proper length.

Last edited:
In addition to this list from AH-1G, I noticed the ST-16 appears to be the 3 external antenna version and the right connector has no antenna. If the ST-16 has been powered on with the antenna not installed it can damage that circuit. You definitely need more info!
There's a guy on facebook selling one, one photo shows not antennas fitted and turned on!

I am not in anyway knocking the H in the photo, however, if you shop around , there are several good deals on them which in my opinion are in excellent condition and the sellers have all the telemetry ready to be viewed and they have very few flights on them

New to Yuneec Pilots.
Want to make sure I am buying the right model. Thanks.View attachment 14396

I just saw this same post on facebook marketplace we must not be too far from each other

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DHYradio