Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

What the FAA Part 107 is Like

I highly recommend Jonathan Rupprecht's website, Drone Attorney and Legal Assistance -. It has a wealth of information on part 107, many links to external resources, and practice questions for the part 107 test.

The description of the test in data2000's link is right in line with what my experience was. If you don't know how to interpret sectional charts in particular, you're going to have problems.

Reactions: ParagonDrone
UAV Coach has done a very good job bring all those hard things like sectional charts and airspaces, radios and any thing else down to earth to your own understanding. I found it very easy to understand and finish in a few days. They include lots of extras that are part of their website. At the end they give you five practice tests to try out. I got a 85% on my first try. I soon was averaged at 90% and up. I took the real deal test and got 95%. I highly recommend them. But Search around and see what else is out there. Find what suits you.;)

My first exam, I studied following Jonathan Rupprecht guide. My intern took the UAV Coach, UAV Coach has a deal that if you fail, they will pay for your next exam.

I just recently renewed my part 107, and my intern let me use his UAV Coach aka Drone Pilot Ground School and they simplified the curriculum that made it way better to understand.

Reactions: Mr. I
The test is just a test of the most basic knowledge necessary to operate commercially. It’s required to establish people have general cognizance of the system they hope to be using. The test is not comprehensive, does not fully prepare the applicant for all they will need to know or do when operating commercially. There is much, much more for the commercial operator to learn and use effectively to be a safe operator. The cram courses omit much of what’s needed for use in daily operations and why more comprehensive reference material should be obtained for home study for use before and after testing is completed. Cram courses only teach you how to pass the test but leave you with little understanding of how to work within the National Airspace System. All the reference materials you need are available for free at the FAA website.

I highly recommend Jonathan Rupprecht's website, Drone Attorney and Legal Assistance -. It has a wealth of information on part 107, many links to external resources, and practice questions for the part 107 test.

The description of the test in data2000's link is right in line with what my experience was. If you don't know how to interpret sectional charts in particular, you're going to have problems.

I highly recommend Jonathan Rupprecht's website as well. His study guide is excellent and it helped me pass the Part 107 with a 98%. Missed one because of a trick question, which had two correct answers, but one was more correct than the other. Great material, especially if you prefer to self-study.

Reactions: record.play.rewind
It seems like we’ve all learned from Jonathan Ruppercht and did well.

This is just me, but his free study guide beats the $249 or $150 online courses.
And it’s free. I got a 95% on my first and 83% on my second. I got complacent during my renewal test. I used my intern’s pilot ground school account, but rushed the whole course, and got stuck on stupid in weather and here n’ there common mistakes.

Reactions: ParagonDrone
It seems like we’ve all learned from Jonathan Ruppercht and did well.

This is just me, but his free study guide beats the $249 or $150 online courses.
And it’s free. I got a 95% on my first and 83% on my second. I got complacent during my renewal test. I used my intern’s pilot ground school account, but rushed the whole course, and got stuck on stupid in weather and here n’ there common mistakes.

I was so impressed by his study guide that after I passed the exam, I sent him a personal email thanking him for creating the study guide and giving it out for free.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csandoval