Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

What's it like where you are today?

- 18 C (0 F) in Lethbridge Alberta. It has started to warm up, some. Just about to head north to visit my wifes family is northern Saskatchewan, -24 C (-13 F). I was going to bring my new H, but..... too cold! Ah well, I still have my Tello for fun indoors.

- 18 C (0 F) in Lethbridge Alberta. It has started to warm up, some. Just about to head north to visit my wifes family is northern Saskatchewan, -24 C (-13 F). I was going to bring my new H, but..... too cold! Ah well, I still have my Tello for fun indoors.
I don't know whether to feel sympathy for you or laugh? LOL

Well, both are probably appropriate. Once you are below -10 C, it;s all relative. I used to live in Dease Lake, BC (Where I met the love of my life). 6 to 8 weeks of -40 C was typical. The coldest I saw was -54 C. Snow in early October until late May, early June. This was back in the early 80's. Wish they had drones back then. The H flying over that pristine landscape or mountains and rivers and lakes. Ah, what a beautiful thought. Might have to take a trip one day back to my old stomping grounds, but definitely NOT in winter!.

Reactions: AH-1G
Well, both are probably appropriate. Once you are below -10 C, it;s all relative. I used to live in Dease Lake, BC (Where I met the love of my life). 6 to 8 weeks of -40 C was typical. The coldest I saw was -54 C. Snow in early October until late May, early June. This was back in the early 80's. Wish they had drones back then. The H flying over that pristine landscape or mountains and rivers and lakes. Ah, what a beautiful thought. Might have to take a trip one day back to my old stomping grounds, but definitely NOT in winter!.

Winter's coming...save yourselves...I'm outta here

Reactions: Docdor
I was about 30 miles further inland, and it's been howling winds and drizzly rain all day. Needless to say, my H stayed firmly in its case and didn't come out to play in all that :)
Annoyingly we didn't get good enough snow for long enough to get any decent footage of that either ! Nope, it's very much not the season for everyday flyings...

That must make for some truly stunning scenery. I guess if you're all geared up for deep cold then it's just the norm. Worst I've been in was -15°C but that was in the middle of France about 10 years ago, where the average temp was around +18°C, so we just weren't ready for that sort of cold and neither were the stores. Don't think I went outside for about a week.

When I lived up there, it didn't bother me. I have kind of wussed out as I get older. I've worked in the high arctic for a number of years. Now that is cold. with the wind blowing off the Arctic ocean and 24 hours of dark, it can get to you. Southern Alberta, this I can live with. Northern Saaskatchewan, well, I won't be sorry to go home.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jesster0430