Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

When birds attack ?

To upload a video, you have to go to YouTube. to delete, click delete and just put a period in the box. Simple!

As @AH-1G said, post your video to YouTube, Vimeo, Instagram, etc then copy the link and insert in your post here by clicking on the “…” and select Media, then paste the link you copied into the URL box and select insert.

Where did you see that the bird was attacking?
He just came to see the mark of the flying device ....moqueur dji.gif

your camera/gimble tilts to the right, check you rubber dampers to see if they are installed correctly.

your camera/gimble tilts to the right, check you rubber dampers to see if they are installed correctly.
A detached damper might cause jello or shaking, but not horizon tilt. The tilted horizon is a different issue, not the dampers. If the gimbal is operating properly, it would correct for any mount related tilt, just like it does when the aircraft is pitched to the side. Horizon tilt is a calibration issue.

Thanx for the insight, nothing has been touched was this in reguards to the the front led's ? I might have not centered the camera as I was playing with that earlier ? I ill check it next time, just looked the front two have a indenture equally to each other, which shouldnt be a concern ?

A detached damper might cause jello or shaking, but not horizon tilt. The tilted horizon is a different issue, not the dampers. If the gimbal is operating properly, it would correct for any mount related tilt, just like it does when the aircraft is pitched to the side. Horizon tilt is a calibration issue.
I stand corrected, ?. so he needs to re-calibrate the camera.

I stand corrected, ?
Thank you for being so gracious. It isn't easy when you have point out the obvious to your friends! But when you get to be our age someone has to do it, we can't leave momentary brain farts unchallenged. So no worries, I've got your six! Hopefully you'll call me on my brain farts.
Trouble is, they usually clear the room!! ?

From one brain fart to another, if we smell the same and do the same, how do we know if..... ???

How does one calibrate this, as I cannot find it anywhere for the st16s with the c23 camera ? Another thing excuse the dumb question whats ota ?

How does one calibrate this, as I cannot find it anywhere for the st16s with the c23 camera ? Another thing excuse the dumb question whats ota ?
Only Compass calibration with plus, don't think any other user permitted, this feature was taken away with subsequent updates.

Only Compass calibration with plus, don't think any other user permitted, this feature was taken away with subsequent updates.
Thanx, kinda figured that after spending my afternoon searching, to no avial ? But AH poised the question, so I went looking ?

This bird seemed upset that I was in his, or her space ?
I actually had a drone attacked by a bird. It was a Barn Swallow and they are immensely territorial. I saw the bird approaching the drone from the rear. I thought there was no way it would actually hit the drone. I was wrong! It flew into the right rear propeller and broke half of it off. I proceeded a little bit further forward and then reversed course back to the launch area. As I was about to bring the drone down the other half of the propeller broke off. The drone did an uncommanded yaw and went into 5 motor mode. As the drone descended it was violently pitching back and forth. As it got closer to the ground I became extremely concerned that the pitching would cause it to tip over on landing and some of the other propellers and the camera might get damaged so I opted for a hand capture. I’d been hoping that I wouldn’t have to hand capture a flying Cuisinart in 5 motor mode but I felt it was safer. I actually tried it but the drone wouldn’t shut down so I released it and made a successful second attempt. It doesn’t work to have the drone hover and pull it out of the air. It has to be descending so that it will perceive the force you apply to it as contact with the ground so that it will idle the motors.

I had video going throughout the flight with sound recording on. This experience taught me to always have the sound on when recording video. It allows you to have an extra diagnostic tool and that was important in this case because the bird hit on the side of the drone behind where the camera was pointing. You could hear the change in the propeller noise after it was damaged. The video also became choppy as the drone flew on five and a half propellers. I don’t know why it didn’t go to 5 motor mode right away and only did it when the other half of the propeller broke off. Since then I’ve had half a propeller break off on another drone and it immediately went to 5 motor mode.

On post flight inspection, I discovered the arm was broken at the root. The only thing that held it in place was the wire from the motor. I’ve since switched to composite blades after the incident where the other drone lost half a blade. The composite blades have their own problems. The manufacturer doesn’t seem to understand how the hub needs to be machined to properly fit into the quick disconnects. The first set I bought required some finagling to get them in but the back up pair was very badly bored and I’m trying to get the manufacturer to rework them. The A’s were bored to too small of a diameter. The B’s weren’t bored deep enough so they won’t lock! I may rework them myself when I get home from this assignment but I don’t have the proper tooling in the repair kit I take on the road.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csandoval