Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Where/how to store the H LiPo battery?

Having used them for work and play for ~15 years I don't have much need to debate nuances. It pretty much re-states what some if us have been trying to tell people for s long time. I hold to a minimum cell voltage limitation of 3.2V instead of 3V.

Last edited:
Having used them for work and play for ~15 years I don't have much need to debate nuances.
PatR, if you don't wanna debate nuances, why respond to my question?? Does it help me or anyone in this Forum to know that you have used LiPos for 15 years? My Q was not only for you.

The problem with debating the article, which is, IMO a good one, is that people having a different opinion "know" they are right, even if they are not. You have the people that know little or nothing that often quickly believe that what's wrong is right. There have been numerous articles written by battery manufacturers and testing labs that long ago provided the data references for the articles like the one you linked to be built upon. There are no new findings in the article and barring a couple of inconsequential opinions it's a re-write of all that has gone before. However, it is very simplified in order to permit those with less advanced reading skills to comprehend what they are being told.

Ok still no answer what so ever. Is the best way in the fridge or room temperature? I dont have an opinion, I have question.

I'd tell you a room temp of between 50 and 65*F but if it wasn't the answer you wanted to hear it would do no good. If I was to tell you that when conducting controlled cold temp testing of electric UAV's considerable effort was expended to maintain battery temperature to prevent them from being damaged by the cold would it matter? If some guy came in and said he kept his batteries in the fridge to let them last longer, would you believe him? Would it matter that extensive testing and application data has consistently proven that cold lipo's don't perform as well as those at room temperatures?

I think you've been told what you need to know but what you have read is not what you want to believe. Read more from testing labs and see if you can find much that differs from what's in your article. Those lab tests will provide a range of acceptable storage temperatures. The term "room temperature" tells you nothing. It the outside temp is 120* at 4pm for 5 days straight, and the house had no air conditioning, what would the room temperature be?

That's what I meant by nuances. There's nothing in the article that contradicts anything important.

Last edited:
Once all my lipos are in storage mode for the season they just go into a metal container on the shelf in my hobby room, but what works for me may not work for the next person.

Room temperature for me. Where I keep my batteries the temperature stays between 18c and 22c.

Room temp, and DO NOT store them all together. While very remote, if one goes they all go when stored together.

Are using a battery charger that has a "Storage" setting? Look into one, they're a little pricey but IMO worth it. I store my batteries in the lipo bags at room temp.

Reactions: Camflyer15
H battery in storage mode: In the fridge or in room temperature? I read the excellent explantion about how to handle Lipos at RogersHobby and he says in room temperature.... A Guide to Understanding LiPo Batteries Anyone dare to say the opposite?
Hey photo, I store mine fully charged and stored in a small wine fridge at 10 degrees, I have never lost a battery and they don't lose charge, hope this helps

Hey photo, I store mine fully charged and stored in a small wine fridge at 10 degrees, I have never lost a battery and they don't lose charge, hope this helps
Hi Chukky! That was a more than challenging tips... I have to say that I totally disagree to store fully charged in a fridge. So far from what I now learnt from this thread/forum is that 14,3 V at room temp, is the best. Thanx anyway for your response.

I'm totally confused, I read an article if you are not going to use batteries for more than 21 days, cycle them in store mode. :confused:

Nothing to be confused about. Battery manufacturers, test centers, suppliers, and numerous other reputable sources all say pretty much the same thing. Of course the one internet expert that says something contrary must know more than they do. Google and Wikipedia provide a wealth of references. Lipo's have been around for a long time, just as use instructions have. There's nothing new providing a break though for storage methods.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sierrarhodesss