Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Where we go with Yuneec

Reaction score
Bonjour à tous

Donc je viens du Canada et je viens de terminer l'examen avancé de pilote de drone !!
Comme au Canada, on ne fait rien comme les autres, j'ai beaucoup appris à me connecter au drone pour devenir un professionnel et responsable, ok je vis avec ça.

Mais j'avoue que c'est clairement exagéré comme formation. Pour me faire comprendre c'est comme si un mec voulait devenir pilote de Cessna donc on est bien avec lui mais vous suivrez une formation d'astronaute !! Stupide.

Mais bon, c'est le Canada, et il vaut toujours mieux en savoir plus qu'assez.

Voici ma question, j'aimerais peut-être créer une entreprise connectée au drone (Photos, cartographie, etc.), et j'ai déjà en main un Typhoon H, et je voudrais mettre à jour mes appareils comme H520, H3.

mais où allez-vous avec Yunnec, c'est toujours fiable? Cela me fait me sentir comme une entreprise malade.

Au début, tout le monde pleurait contre le service client DJI était horrible, mais Yuneec va-t-il dans cette direction?

quelqu'un peut-il s'il vous plaît me donner une opinion honnête

Good morning all

So I come from Canada and I just finished the advanced drone pilot exam !!
Like in Canada, we do nothing like the others, I learned a lot to connect to the drone to become a professional and responsible, ok I live with that.

But I admit that it is clearly exaggerated as training. To make me understand it is as if a guy wanted to become a Cessna pilot so we are fine with him but you will follow an astronaut training !! Dumb.

But hey, this is Canada, and it's always better to know more than enough.

Here is my question, I would perhaps like to create a company connecting to the drone (Photos, cartography, etc.), and I already have in hand a Typhoon H, and I would like to update my devices like H520, H3.

but where are you going with Yunnec, it's still reliable? It makes me feel like a sick business.

At first everyone was crying against DJI customer service was horrible, but is Yuneec going in that direction?

can someone please give me an honest opinion

Good morning all

So I come from Canada and I just finished the advanced drone pilot exam !!
Like in Canada, we do nothing like the others, I learned a lot to connect to the drone to become a professional and responsible, ok I live with that.

But I admit that it is clearly exaggerated as training. To make me understand it is as if a guy wanted to become a Cessna pilot so we are fine with him but you will follow an astronaut training !! Dumb.

But hey, this is Canada, and it's always better to know more than enough.

Here is my question, I would perhaps like to create a company connecting to the drone (Photos, cartography, etc.), and I already have in hand a Typhoon H, and I would like to update my devices like H520, H3.

but where are you going with Yunnec, it's still reliable? It makes me feel like a sick business.

At first everyone was crying against DJI customer service was horrible, but is Yuneec going in that direction?

can someone please give me an honest opinion
Hi. Nice to read the old Francois again. I think this whole story of which is the better drone,boils down to what we truly believe in. Just like Ford vs Chevy etc. Most of us here are Yuneec supporters,as we have looked for and found all the good we can, and then we make the best of it!With the support you receive here on this Forum it is almost like having an expanded customer service Dept. I would see how far I could get with the H. I have a shirt that says [crash,repair repeat] Good luck to you Viva La Canada,EH! Keith

As a fellow Canadian, and certified Transport Canada pilot, I understand your frustration with the TC pilot exams and un-necessary and ridiculous depth of aeronautical knowlege required to pass the exam.

With regard to Yuneec and their future as a drone manufacturer, even though I have 4 Yuneec copters, I have serious doubts as to the company's viability, given the customer service decline and parts inavailability over the past year or 2. In addition, Yuneec always seems to miss the mark when it comes to new features in its offerings - nice fetures in one model, taken away in the next, a year or more behind DJI for standard functionality, very poor communication with customer base with regard to future direction, updates etc. So for me its a love/hate relationship - I really love the way my H480's, H520 and H920+ fly, but fearful of the future support and progress.......

I really love the way my H480's, H520 and H920+ fly, but fearful of the future support and progress.......
Well said. I admire the products. Yuneec has a very good design but never seems to get the updates completed. it's as though their products reach 80% completion of the capabilities and then stops. I attribute that to the change in ownership which occurred in 2017. The genius and passion of the original developer/owner is missing.

Nevertheless, the newer aircraft each have redeeming features and reliability that keeps us hooked. My biggest concern is not of a company default but rather the escalating freeze on shipping for fear of virus migration.

If only, they could of really challenged the brand leader, the hexacopter is a great design, and with a lot of life left in it, let's hope they can stay afloat in these challenging times.

As a fellow Canadian, and certified Transport Canada pilot, I understand your frustration with the TC pilot exams and un-necessary and ridiculous depth of aeronautical knowlege required to pass the exam.

With regard to Yuneec and their future as a drone manufacturer, even though I have 4 Yuneec copters, I have serious doubts as to the company's viability, given the customer service decline and parts inavailability over the past year or 2. In addition, Yuneec always seems to miss the mark when it comes to new features in its offerings - nice fetures in one model, taken away in the next, a year or more behind DJI for standard functionality, very poor communication with customer base with regard to future direction, updates etc. So for me its a love/hate relationship - I really love the way my H480's, H520 and H920+ fly, but fearful of the future support and progress.......
I have been watching Best Buy stock of the H Plus in all stores in South Florida as BB told me the would no longer carry Tyhoons. There were 5 in stock for several months. There is one currently remaining. Yuneec told me they would be pulling Plus stock from BB. Looks like they have. I don’t know if these are being used as replacements for damaged units or sent to other dealer of which there are very few dealers remaining. Slow death to a product we all like so much.

I have been watching Best Buy stock of the H Plus in all stores in South Florida as BB told me the would no longer carry Tyhoons. There were 5 in stock for several months. There is one currently remaining. Yuneec told me they would be pulling Plus stock from BB. Looks like they have. I don’t know if these are being used as replacements for damaged units or sent to other dealer of which there are very few dealers remaining. Slow death to a product we all like so much.
In my opinion we are all hanging on because we have to and want to believe that it will all shake out. But when there is no communication from the company of any kind and dealers and support is falling away that sends a message that we can’t ignore. Someone please tell me I’m wrong and make me believe it.

Last edited by a moderator:
In my opinion we are all hanging on because we have to and want to believe that it will all shake out. But when there is no communication from the company of any kind and dealers and support is falling away that sends a message that we can’t ignore. Someone please tell me I’m wrong and make me believe it.
This isn't the case everywhere around the world though, Germany still has plenty of stock and dealers at the moment, I've bought from Belgium, Germany, Poland and Spain as well as Yuneec UK, it's not a completely grim picture everywhere yet! Communication with Yuneec has been good so far, I don't know why there is a poor customer experience in US, perhaps hurdles have been placed in front of them? I don't know if Yuneec Europe is a separate entity to the China division and is not do badly affected at the moment, but things could change.

Reactions: 7cyclops
Nevertheless, the newer aircraft each have redeeming features and reliability that keeps us hooked. My biggest concern is not of a company default but rather the escalating freeze on shipping for fear of virus migration.

Steve,

That could well become a very big deal as there have been reports of between 5 million and 8 million people escaping/abandoning the disease affected area between the time of disease discovery and initiation of the quarantine.

Those people, combined with ineffective health care, could significantly impact every sector of Chinese business.

Reactions: Steve Carr
Do you have a link to these figures? I've been a concerned researcher for a while Now, I've not checked NY Times website, knowing that the secretive Chinese Government, have kept a lot from their people and the world, even denying for a while, only reference I find is for small amount of individuals in Russia and other areas, etc, escaping quarantine.

Sorry, I didn’t not keep the reference material. My daily news reviews takes me through News 360, Yahoo News, Fox News, and linked articles related to prime articles in those sources.

It’s highly probable the reporting sources were speculating to some extent as China exerts a stranglehold on negative press of even the most minor nature. We can be pretty sure whatever numbers have come out of China have under reported the bad and amplified the good. I think my own government would do similar to a lessor extent.

Reactions: chascoadmin
...but where are you going with Yunnec, it's still reliable? It makes me feel like a sick business.
<SNIP>
can someone please give me an honest opinion...

Okay. DO NOT trust or base your business on Yuneec aircraft. Meaning, DO NOT cause your business to be completely reliant on Yuneec aircraft. Diversify your fleet. If you are completely set on Yuneec, then AT LEAST have multiple airframes to use, should one go down or need repair, you will have other aircraft to use. There is no excuse to have a business stoppage or loss of income because your aircraft has been away for repair for months. Serious business has a backup in all things.

I love my 480 and H+, and from what I've read of others, the 520 and 920 are wonderful platforms.

HOWEVER

Yuneec's demonstrated behaviour indicates a company in trouble with serious cash issues. Their response to customer feedback has been nonexistent in regard to upgrades and feature adds to existing platforms. Promises were made in regard to payloads: not kept. Difficulty in talking to a human being is unacceptable. The battery situation is abhorrent. (strong word, I know)

IMHO, purchasing the new H3 is a massive financial gamble, considering that for around the same price, a lightly used I2 with X5s can be had if you keep your eye out. (around, to me, is $500) This, of course, all depends on your needs, your current fleet, your risk tolerance, cash on hand, etc.

Personally, I will not spend another dime with Yuneec any time soon, other than operating expenses to keep my 480 and H+ in the air. If they break badly, I'll sell for parts and salvage to recover what funds I can. If however, 1 year from now, the H3 is a blinding success, customer service becomes immediately responsive, repairs and updates are done quickly, updates are responsive to customer issues and feature requests, and batteries are abundant... I will consider an H3.

"Consider" only though, as I'm not planning to make any major fleet changes or purchases until this RFID thing irons out in a few years and solutions hit the market. My current fleet meets my needs. Unless I change offerings and take up mapping, agriculture or something beyond aerial images and video, I'm good for now. Besides, in a few years, my fleet will probably be EOL'd anyway.

You asked for an honest opinion, and that is mine, subject to change at any time as new information comes in.

For what it's worth and possibly already known to many of you. When I was last at kav in late oct. Two people there said quite firmly that the real problem was coming from yuneec as in China. One came right out and said they were criminal. Most of you have covered all of it and it's sad that such a wonderful contribution to the recreational users like myself who loves his q and h. Drones you can actually see and they look so cool. I flew both yesterday
and had a ball. I hope the yuneec co. reads some of these concerns.

Reactions: Mike Irish
Do you have a link to these figures? I've been a concerned researcher for a while Now, I've not checked NY Times website, knowing that the secretive Chinese Government, have kept a lot from their people and the world, even denying for a while, only reference I find is for small amount of individuals in Russia and other areas, etc, escaping quarantine.

Here’s a recent article for you.

Note what happened to the doctor that made the first public warning of the issue.

Lew Olowski: Coronavirus worse than reported – here's how China is catching up to reality

Last edited:
Okay. DO NOT trust or base your business on Yuneec aircraft. Meaning, DO NOT cause your business to be completely reliant on Yuneec aircraft. Diversify your fleet. If you are completely set on Yuneec, then AT LEAST have multiple airframes to use, should one go down or need repair, you will have other aircraft to use. There is no excuse to have a business stoppage or loss of income because your aircraft has been away for repair for months. Serious business has a backup in all things.

I love my 480 and H+, and from what I've read of others, the 520 and 920 are wonderful platforms.

HOWEVER

Yuneec's demonstrated behaviour indicates a company in trouble with serious cash issues. Their response to customer feedback has been nonexistent in regard to upgrades and feature adds to existing platforms. Promises were made in regard to payloads: not kept. Difficulty in talking to a human being is unacceptable. The battery situation is abhorrent. (strong word, I know)

IMHO, purchasing the new H3 is a massive financial gamble, considering that for around the same price, a lightly used I2 with X5s can be had if you keep your eye out. (around, to me, is $500) This, of course, all depends on your needs, your current fleet, your risk tolerance, cash on hand, etc.

Personally, I will not spend another dime with Yuneec any time soon, other than operating expenses to keep my 480 and H+ in the air. If they break badly, I'll sell for parts and salvage to recover what funds I can. If however, 1 year from now, the H3 is a blinding success, customer service becomes immediately responsive, repairs and updates are done quickly, updates are responsive to customer issues and feature requests, and batteries are abundant... I will consider an H3.

"Consider" only though, as I'm not planning to make any major fleet changes or purchases until this RFID thing irons out in a few years and solutions hit the market. My current fleet meets my needs. Unless I change offerings and take up mapping, agriculture or something beyond aerial images and video, I'm good for now. Besides, in a few years, my fleet will probably be EOL'd anyway.

You asked for an honest opinion, and that is mine, subject to change at any time as new information comes in.
Ok Thak's Fred its honest

I tell you why i like Yuneec because inthe station control you have everething !! I mean dont need to connect a cell phone or ipad to get images. Its seem to me proffessionel to get everything in the station control.

Thank's for your help

ok Thak's its honest

I tell you why i like Yuneec because inthe station control you have everething !! I mean dont need to connect a cell phone or ipad to get images. Its seem to me proffessionel to get everything in the station control.

Thank's for your help

I just got an email from B&H alerting me that the H Plus was discontinued as well. Sigh.

So that makes me concerned about availability of parts to repair the Plus . . . do we know if the parts from the H3 will work on the Plus?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
atas77my