Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Who has completed Yuneec NFZ paper work for Typhoon H Plus?

Reaction score
I've discovered from Steve Carr that the GUI does not work with the Typhoon H Plus and the way to find the "Vehicle ID#" on the ST16S. Thanks very much to Steve Carr but as I read thru the instructions from Yuneec on how to reprogram your H Plus which they sent me, the whole thing is contingent on having a working GUI for loading software. Would someone who has NFZ removal programmed into their H Plus please contact me and tell me how they did it without the GUI. Thanks very much in advance.

Last edited:
You need the passcode from Yuneec.

You need the passcode from Yuneec.
I have the passcode it's the entering part I do not know how to do contingent on Yuneec instructions since it requires GUI which does not work on H Plus. I repeat my question who has gone thru the installation process of their H Plus for entering the passcode?

Manual input to unlock the NFZ

Would you please answer my question, have you done this on your H Plus and if so how did you do it?

I just told you, how to do it. You have not gone into the menu and actually see of how it is setup for the TH Plus, because if you did, you will realize that to enter each characters. The forum has lots of info. via search.

Would you please answer my question, have you done this on your H Plus and if so how did you do it?

I was the first one that got the NFZ lock code.

Go to the 3 dots menu at the top right. Scroll down to PRODUCT ID. Tap it 5 times. Enter the number there.

Reactions: Frontier
I just told you, how to do it. You have not gone into the menu and actually see of how it is setup for the TH Plus, because if you did, you will realize that to enter each characters. The forum has lots of info. via search.
I guess I don't know how to search very well since I've done repeated searches on the topic and no one has given specific instructions on how to do it...and I might also mention that instructions on how to do it from Yuneec which is 5 pages long says nothing like that.

I guess I don't know how to search very well since I've done repeated searches on the topic and no one has given specific instructions on how to do it...and I might also mention that instructions on how to do it from Yuneec which is 5 pages long says nothing like that.

Took me a while, but I remember you now. You asked me on how to do photogrammetry using a TH Plus, when I first got on this board.

It seems you also forgot what the question was actually about.To be precise I didn't ask you how to do photogrammetry but rather what software you used to do it. I recognized by your response that you did not seem to know what you were talking about relative to my own experience regarding the use of Photoscan when you couldn't tell what version you were using. Like today when you were quite short on specifics regarding the questions I've asked.

@Mickeyboo what firmware are you on? I am still running the firmware from August and when I tap on the Product ID in the ST-16S, nothing happens. They brought out the NFZ's and the firmware to install it sometime in October 2018. Perhaps you need an update? I am just guessing here as I am also interested in unlocking the NFZ's on my Plus

Thanks very much, I'm using 784...I believe that was a November release. I looked around the ST16S and found no place to do the update. I'm hoping someone who actually has done it can tell me how they did it. The code sent to me from Yuneec reprograms it's much more than what one person alluded to with regard to "just manually punch in the numbers". perhaps it's my software version or they did not realize (even though it's stated to them in application) I was using an H Plus and not an H that would explain why they sent me 5 pages of instructions on how to do it with a GUI. I think however that this software version should be compliant since I recall people doing it around the time the NFZ program was released. I've done searches but nothing has come up. Again I'm hoping that someone who has actually done it can point me in the right direction and provide me with the instruction steps that were necessary.

Go to the 3 dots menu at the top right. Scroll down to PRODUCT ID. Tap it 5 times. Enter the number there.

Mickey, did you see this? I've seen this mentioned several times by those who have unlocked the NFZ, including This one

Thats all I got hope you get it working, good luck.

Seems to be a lot of confusion and some vague directions. Maybe someone could write up a start to finish “how to”...starting with how to contact Yuneec, what to fill out or request, what to expect from Yuneec and how to utilize what they give you.....I’m interested in unlocking mine as well.

Mickey, did you see this? I've seen this mentioned several times by those who have unlocked the NFZ, including This one

Thats all I got hope you get it working, good luck.
Thanks, man this is getting pretty confusing relative to what I have in hand from them...I'm still awaiting a response from them...Thanks

Reactions: Ty Pilot
There seems to be some confusion, for sure. @didouglog care to explain how you came to this conclusion? We have members who are flying unlocked Plus's. Hopefully Mickey will see this and we'll have an answer that his is unlocked.

My understanding is:

1] You call Yuneec and provide the necessary credentials (your 107 info), they in turn provide you with a code.

2] You boot up your aircraft and controller

3] Tap the 'Settings' Cog in the top right of the screen

4] Scroll over to the Firmware tab which is three dots * * *

5] Scroll to the bottom where it says 'Product ID'

6] (This is the part I do not personally know) When you tap 'Product ID A box should pop up that lets you enter the number there.

Also from RPR's post here is a picture that shows what his number sort of looked like, is this anything like what you got?

img_8433-jpg.11839

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csandoval