Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Why do threads keep getting closed at the whims of the admins on this site?

Reaction score
The 2 threads about new stuff at CES were going good, yes they had some off topic things going on but nothing big and then out of left field they are closed. :confused: I just do not under stand the power trip of the admins.
Do not bother blocking my account AGAIN as I'm going to delete it.

If you're already gone this post is academic, but I took a look at both threads and saw they were evolving into more of the Yuneec vs DJI diatribes. One far worse than the other, but the later was heading that way. From one that has been a moderator in another forum, it's much easier to shut one down early than to deal with the aftermath of many users with damaged feelings.

Been a mod on another board as well... things had not gotten completely out of hand, but it was only a matter of time.
The correct call since it was little about anything new at CES anymore... If there is not much else in announcements,
that's fine... how about getting that Android CGO3 app working?

It's a challenge, because I know everyone wants to put their side across - and I can be as guilty of that as anyone :)

However if people join the forum with only the intention to bash the brand that it's about, why should that be acceptable? If we went over to the GoPro Pilots forum just to tell them all that the Karma sucks, they'd be right to tell us to leave. Some people on the CES thread were only there to say they wouldn't be buying Yuneec. Well fine, don't let the door hit you on the way out..

I'd like to add comment, as I originally posted in the CES thread.

Firstly, to be 100% clear, I want to buy a Yuneec product. I really like the idea of not having to buy a DJI product. I think their market dominance is unhealthy and I wish there was more competition in the market-place. I'd also prefer a hex and the most professional looking UAV that I can afford.

I'm a commercial UAV operator and I'm looking for a good quality solution for corporate video, adventure sports video, stock video footage and real-estate photography work that isn't based on a 1/2.3 sensor camera. However, I don't want to spend Inspire 2 or H920 level money and go micro 4/3.

At the moment my only viable option is a Phantom 4 Pro and I've been holding off purchasing for a few months now, waiting to see what happened at CES.

I met with some of the Yuneec UK staff at the UK drone show who hinted strongly that a far better new camera for the Typhoon would be released at CES. I presumed that meant that a new camera with a better sensor, better encoding, etc, would be released and so I've been waiting to see what Yuneec would release at CES.

I'm sorry if my comments appeared negative in the previous thread. They were not intended to be. I was merely commenting that for me, if Yuneec's advance for 2017 is just adding a different lens to the existing CG03+ camera then I find that really disappointing and it leaves DJI again in dominance.

I'm still hoping that we can see some facts/data regarding the new CGO-CI camera which makes my comments/concerns irrelevant. To repeat, I'd like to buy a Yuneec product.

None of what I say takes away from the Typhoon H being a great UAV with a 1/2.3 sensor.

I agree, it was getting out of control so I totally get it.

On a Yuneec topic though, Instead of just relying on Yuneec to provide the camera, maybe Yuneec could provide a universal gimbal for the H with a weight range and flexible mount which could accommodate several brands of cameras. The WiFi downlink may be an issue but they might be able to provide a recommended list of tested cameras which would bind to the ST16 and might ease up the perception of camera issues. I know, this would also require an ST16 firmware update...

The WiFi downlink may be an issue but they might be able to provide a recommended list of tested cameras which would bind to the ST16 and might ease up the perception of camera issues. I know, this would also require an ST16 firmware update...

Don't hold your breath... they can't even provide a list of compatible phones/tablets that work with the various
flavors of the CGO app for the ActionGrip. Apparently that is our job to figure out which ones will work.

I'm sorry I probably fueled the fire and I wasn't trying to promote another product. It was my frustration with Yuneec to come out with something they call commercial and yet it lacks most of the feature of a competitively priced product.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dumpster79