Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Why so slow.

Reaction score
Hello everyone... I know the 4K isn't known for speed, but even turned up all the way it really seems to move pretty slow. Anything I can do to make it move faster. When above 150' or so it just seems unresponsive at times.

Thoughts?

Thanks....

Did you turn off GPS? I have heard the bird can fly close to 50 mph with GPS off and no gimbal attached. Keep in mind this speed was achieved with the bird flying down from a height and not at a level flight. It is estimated the bird will reach about 35 mph in level flight. My Typhoon G moves pretty fast in Rabbit Mode. I haven't tried the speed in GPS-disabled mode. I plan to do it tomorrow and will let you know. Keep in mind these birds aren't speed demons, but they can be pretty sporty. See the video below for a speed test.

Hello everyone... I know the 4K isn't known for speed, but even turned up all the way it really seems to move pretty slow. Anything I can do to make it move faster. When above 150' or so it just seems unresponsive at times.

Thoughts?

Thanks....
What do you define as slow? What does the ST10 show as ground speed?

Hello Shooter. I recently picked up a used q500 typhoon in nice shape. I was out flying after a few practice flights.
I have a neighbor not to far away, few blocks over. I got permission to fly over to his house while he was out in his drive way looking for my machine. Problem was the same as you, I could only go so fast and so far. I did some investigating and found the geo fencing was set to low and I was in the wrong mode!! Shortly after that, had all kinds of head aches but finally got it all figured out. Very frustrating but I'm a die hard! hi hi.
Gud Luck and Safe Flying.

Did you turn off GPS? I have heard the bird can fly close to 50 mph with GPS off and no gimbal attached. Keep in mind this speed was achieved with the bird flying down from a height and not at a level flight. It is estimated the bird will reach about 35 mph in level flight. My Typhoon G moves pretty fast in Rabbit Mode. I haven't tried the speed in GPS-disabled mode. I plan to do it tomorrow and will let you know. Keep in mind these birds aren't speed demons, but they can be pretty sporty. See the video below for a speed test.

Awesome flight OM. nice job too. I've been looking at the new props for the Yuneec craft. I'm always looking to learn and try a new gadget. A few times, wish I had a parachute! hi hi Really injoyed your speed test. Looked at the camera set up too. Very very nice.
Gud Luck, tnx too for the very nice video. A number of people post some great footage. Hope to get there myself. All the Best
hyflyer1/EdK

Just came in from flying my bird. With GPS disabled and no camera or gimble attached (landing gear still on though), I got her up to 34 mph with moderate winds in Angle mode on a slightly descending forward flight. She was moving pretty good for me in Rabbit Mode. The wind actually caught her and took her about 1000 ft away (still in LOS, but could not discern orientation), so I just looked my the ST10+, noticed she was pointing away from the green Home arrow, yawed her around, and flew her back to me. Awesome bird. Would not recommend flying with GPS disabled unless you are in an open field with plenty of space to fly because the bird will move with the wind.

Reactions: hiflyer1
Just came in from flying my bird. With GPS disabled and no camera or gimble attached (landing gear still on though), I got her up to 34 mph with moderate winds in Angle mode on a slightly descending forward flight. She was moving pretty good for me in Rabbit Mode. The wind actually caught her and took her about 1000 ft away (still in LOS, but could not discern orientation), so I just looked my the ST10+, noticed she was pointing away from the green Home arrow, yawed her around, and flew her back to me. Awesome bird. Would not recommend flying with GPS disabled unless you are in an open field with plenty of space to fly because the bird will move with the wind.
Nice work, helps to experiment but just be careful. You learn much as you go along. Flying the bird over your head and all distance into the sun is scary but keeping one's cool, sure helps. Gud Luck and Safe Flying.Tnx for the info./hyflyer1/EdK

Yes, many pilots enter panic mode and start trying to manipulate the sticks. The best thing to do is either switch to RTH mode or let off the sticks, get your bearing, and then use the tools available to get the bird back safely.

Reactions: hiflyer1
Thanks everyone... Very useful info. I actually took it on a hike to film/photo some waterfalls. I was back behind the waterfall in a cave area. No GPS signal. I couldn't start the drone. I switched off the GPS mode and it started right off. Took off - 7ft and immediately lost control.. brought it down a couple ft, handed the control to my wife grabbed the drone and had her turn it off.
Close call

Turned GPS back on.. only 4 connected. Lifted off, Lost control again... wouldn't respond to controls. Was able to force it down on unlevel ground into weeds and saplings... it turned on its side and motors stopped. Couldn't get it started again.. finally got it home, tried again and "life is good".

Definitely need more practice.... thanks for all the info everyone....

After going in for warranty work, my "G" is a dog....Yuneec claims they put in the latest update which limits the controls. Besides that, it hovers too long before landing which makes it a challenge to land in the slightest wind. It's a one way street....once the updates are installed there is no turning back.

Hello Joeman434. As a suggestion. I'd call the Yuneec help line or send them an e mail. They will assign you a control number and a number to call them after telling you they will get back with the control #!! Any who, Ask if you can do a Factory Reset? I would think and I could be wrong? It would put your craft back to the way it was and you'd have to set up all over with new model, etc... See what Jafo thinks or perhaps Steve Carr or some of the guys that have been around working with Yuneec for some time. Gud Luck, hope you get it figured out. Last evening before dark I was out with my q500 typhoon and I was going to fly over to my friends a few blocks away. I had permission to hover above his drive way. I was taking off and my craft acted much as you said. I noticed I had turned to turtle mod. After two near flips on landing attempts, I noticed this, restarted and all was fine.
Gud Luck I'm sure some one has some answers for U.
hyflyer1/EdK

Thanks for the response....I called Yuneec the day after it came back and was basically told it is up to the latest and greatest upgrades, and there was no way to go back to the original settings. I can live with it....just liked it better before.

Thanks for the response....I called Yuneec the day after it came back and was basically told it is up to the latest and greatest upgrades, and there was no way to go back to the original settings. I can live with it....just liked it better before.
Joeman, I don't know if you called the yuneec in CA or not but if not, call them and ask. Just curious as to what they would tell you! If you can live with it fine. I did the 1.07 on my unit, q500 typhoon and all works fine. I wish you the best but keep an eye open, some one may come up with a solution for you!
Respectfully
hyflyer1/EdK

Yes, it was in CA, but I wasn't all that pleased with the response. They also had the ST10+ for an issue with the charging plug being too far recessed for the plug to stay in without it being against something. So when I called them, they told me that was all they could do under warranty and if I wanted them to check anything else, it would cost me, so that ended it. I had to whittle the rubber down on the connector so it would stay in the controller when I am charging it since the Yuneec tech said it worked for him.

Joeman. I can see if the unit is used they would do that for service but I'm awed they didn't treat you better. I had/have a used unit and they treated me pretty good. Telling me the warranty was off and that was OK. I installed a new main board. GPS unit too. Bird flies perfectly now and did the updates. I would suggest if you have a friend that does electronic work or repair, have them look at the unit and see if they can not give you a hand. U shouldn't have to mod the connection. Something doesn't sound right on that one!!
Wish U Luck. Depending on what the issue is with the service for Yuneec. That's Not Good.
Respecfully/hyflyer1/EdK

It was a total of one week old and as I was putting the props on, one motor was noisy when I turned it by hand . I called them and they listened to all 4 motors with the props removed over the phone. First they said it may be a battery problem and sent me a new one. (the original battery would only go up to 88% charge) I tried that but it was the same. They determined at that point it had a bad motor and had me send it in. Now, by the time it was shipped both ways and the cost of the battery, motor and labor, it was probably close to 1/2 the price I paid for it new. No excuse, but I think they had enough of me. I didn't buy it directly from them, but from one of their dealers here in Florida.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jesster0430