Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

wifi and st16 to mac

Reaction score
Hi,
cannot get the t16 linked to the mac :(
Does anybody have some tips in how to proceed?
My st16 does not find my wifi network either
thanks

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi,
cannot get the t16 linked to the mac :(
Does anybody have some tips in how to proceed?
My st16 does not find my wifi network either
thanks

How do you mean linked? I'm a Mac user but have never found a reason to have the St and it connected? Can you let us know what you need to do?

Is this the method you are using to connect to your wifi network? Go to minute 8:33.

How do you mean linked? I'm a Mac user but have never found a reason to have the St and it connected? Can you let us know what you need to do?
I connect the ST16 to my pc whenever I need to access the files. I find it easier than using an sd card. Just use the USB charging cable and I have access to all the files.

I connect the ST16 to my pc whenever I need to access the files. I find it easier than using an sd card. Just use the USB charging cable and I have access to all the files.

Makes sense. I've got my computers and ST with me. I've never tried to connect them and move data between but now I'm intrigued.

I want to transfer the telemetry files to my mac... when I plug the ST16 into the mac via USB I just see that it charges but the mac won´t recognise it as a hard drive

I want to transfer the telemetry files to my mac... when I plug the ST16 into the mac via USB I just see that it charges but the mac won´t recognise it as a hard drive

Ok. It maybe a permission with in the Android OS. I'll play with it tonight

Reactions: Steve Carr
I do have Tuxera so I can read PC files from hard disks formatted for PC for example, CraigCam.
The ST doesn't see my Wifi at home so I have to use my Android phone hotspot.
It does find the neighbours wifis...

Maybe your carrier settings in the android OS? The ST 16 recognizes the USB cable when connected to the Mac and goes into drive mode but the Mac doesn't see it. I've run into this before with hip hop kids trying to give me their beats off of Android phones and I had to bust out the crappy PC I bought just for all these PC centric apps and GUIs my drones need. Kind of funny that I blissfully ignored PC and windows because my audio path has in the past been proprietary to Mac and Dronagraphy is making me learn windows 10. My nephew works for apple and is a pc kid growing up so I'm going to ask if there is a solution.

Yup. Been playing around with what I can do with it. I just made a nicer wallpaper and I'm going to put a few of my better flights in the gallery for show and tell when in the field. It's pretty great. Seems like I could get apk files in this way and avoid google store on there potentially. That's next.

I now copied the telemetry cvs files to my mac. Quite like the UAV toolbox , how it displays the different flights...
Now looking for a way to copy the cvs to toolbox
Great to have the possibility to read the ST16 directly from the mac now ;)

Brilliant, thanks CraigCam. That did it :)

I've got Google maps into st now. I've been able to download apk files to Mac desktop and then drag into downloads folder of st via the android transfer app. In the st go to file manager and find your apk copy in the downloads folder in the directory tab. You may have to back out and in to see the apk in that folder after you drag it over. Once you see it, click and install away.

I now copied the telemetry cvs files to my mac. Quite like the UAV toolbox , how it displays the different flights...
Now looking for a way to copy the cvs to toolbox
Great to have the possibility to read the ST16 directly from the mac now ;)

Seems like the apk world is hit or miss with apps. I've got an updated play app in now that opens and wants to work but isn't downloading I've got bad bandwidth currently so I'll try later. For sure google play opens and behaves better and maybe I've cracked into how to get more stuff onto the ST.

yes, thanks McButler. I got it working.
I also am able to find and connect to my home wifi, I had to enter the router setup and change the channel in the settings menu.

Reactions: Tgrey

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wccannabis